Hotel Croc’s Resort and Casino
What We Love
- Daily breakfast is included in the Jetsetter rate
- Beachside setting with huge free-form swimming pool, which has been ranked among Costa Rica’s best
- Croc’s Habitat exhibit houses two actual crocodiles, Paco and Lola
- Guestrooms feature mod cons such as large flat-screen TVs, iPod docks and WiFi, as well as French doors with Juliet balconies with beach or mountain views
- Adacus restaurant serves Mediterranean flavors and preparations of local seafood and produce, including Aegean-style spiced octopus, Greek-grilled mahi-mahi and white marlin carpaccio.
What To Know
- Brand new hotel and casino opened in February 2015
- Free WiFi
- Jaco Beach is a 1.5-hour drive from San Jose and Juan Santamaría International Airport on a new highway
- Part of the resort is condos
- Select suites have glass-encased showers and jetted tubs
- Three restaurants and two bars on-site
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
This sparkling new casino resort rises from Jaco Beach’s lovely north end on a choice slice of sand bounded to the north by a lush lagoon and rainforest-covered mountains. Soaring 17 stories, the resort comprises 152 guestrooms, 44 luxury condos, a Las Vegas–style casino, two bars, a spa, and even a disco dubbed Holy Moly. The guestrooms are spacious and sleek, with stone floors, dark wood furnishings and sand hues with pops of color in modern art pieces. Large flat-screen TVs, iPod docks and WiFi will keep you connected — or you can disconnect and throw open the French doors to your Juliet balcony, which has beach or mountain views. The bathrooms are big and bold, with glass-encased rainfall showers and jetted tubs in select suites. In keeping with the swish Vegas vibe, the vast free-form pool is over the top; it ranks among the country’s best, with three hot tubs, a slide and the nearby El Zarpe bar mixing fruity concoctions. Three restaurants have your culinary needs covered; try stylish Adacus for Mediterranean flavors and preparations of local seafood and produce such as Aegean-style spiced octopus, Greek-grilled mahi-mahi and white marlin carpaccio. When it’s time to detox, slide into the Carara Spa for a seashell massage using crushed shells to exfoliate and improve circulation, followed by a blowout in the full-service salon.
In the Area
For a taste of Tico life, stroll south along Jaco Beach and mingle with locals and weekenders, who escape to this stretch of sand from San Jose. There’s something for everybody on this beach, from surfing and volleyball to sunbathing and snorkeling. Check out the tallest waterfalls in Costa Rica at nearby Pura Vida Gardens and Waterfalls. In addition to being a protected nature park, it has a fragrant tropical garden that is a fascinating exhibit of the country’s flora. Croc’s isn’t just a catchy name — the resort is serious about Costa Rica’s crocodiles, and the on-site habitat houses two, Paco and Lola.
How to Get There
I had a really nice time at the hotel, the food, snacks and the service are just awesome. The ceviche is really delicious.
My family was extremely happy with the accommodations, food, pool area.
Keep up the great work!
This resort is ultra modern and very nice location.
The rooms are very nice.
The tubs are a little too high and pose a problem with the slick tile, Just be careful.
The food is very good.
The all Inclusive fee are a bit pricey and there is no room service there.
The mini fridge was stocked well.
The buffet food is above average and the hotel rooms and facilities/pool are clean and well cared for.. staff is friendly. The nightclub is closed so ignore advertising saying otherwise. You will enjoy this resort if you stay longer term as you can't use the restaurants until you stay for several nights OR upgrade your All-Inclusive to VIP All-Inclusive for around $110 extra per couple per night.. quite a scam if you ask me considering the questionable differences in drink selections. Also if your planning on checking in early or staying later than their checkin 3pm/checkout mid day timing you will have to pay extra again.. $40-55 pp depending on the time you arrive.