Azul Ocean Club Hotel
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
When you stay at Azul Ocean Club Hotel in Playa Azul, you’ll be on the waterfront and within the vicinity of Ostional National Wildlife Refuge. This 4-star hotel is within the region of Nosara Wildlife Rescue and Blanca Beach.
Make yourself at home in one of the 15 air-conditioned rooms featuring iPod docking stations and minibars. Your bed comes with down comforters and Egyptian cotton sheets. Rooms have private balconies. LCD televisions with satellite programming provide entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with showers feature rainfall showerheads and designer toiletries.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Treat yourself with massages, body treatments, and facials. You can soak up the sun at the private beach or enjoy other recreational amenities including an outdoor pool and a fitness center. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). The shuttle (surcharge) will take you to the nearby beach or shopping center.
Food & Drink
Enjoy a meal at one of the hotel’s dining establishments, which include 2 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access room service (during limited hours). Relax with a refreshing drink at a poolside bar, a swim-up bar, or one of 2 bars/lounges. A complimentary breakfast is included.
Business & Travel Amenities
The front desk is staffed during limited hours. A shuttle from the airport to the hotel is provided for a surcharge (available on request), and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
I left a great review last year of this place, how ever I did some day pool visits which they charge $20. The plave seems to have gone downhill. The drinks and food are not good. I returned things a few times. I am picky forsure but even my boyfriend didnt eat things and he will eat almost anything. My main complaint is the pool though as thats what we specifically come here for. It is dirty, there is lizard poop around and even in the pool. The pool has been cloudy and filled with pollen and leaves and sand. One time we cane and the pool smelled funny and was really low. They still charged us the $20 and let us in. I asked for our money back, which they did and said something was wrong with the pool. Its really to bad because I used to enjoy comming here.
I just led my very own yoga retreat at Azul Ocean Club and it was amazing. My retreat included 3 amazing meals a day, truly good food! It also included most of the tours available so the customer service and coordination of all the activities was essential and they did an amazing job.
The rooms are clean and fresh, spacious and even if you can't "see" the ocean from all the rooms, you can certainly hear it!
The pool area is great and on Saturday nights they serve dinner on the white beach with beautiful lighting and music.
I highly recommend this hotel. Quiet and tranquil beech but also very close to San Juanillo and Marbella.
We just checked out of this hotel after a 5 nights stay. This hotel advertises itself as an award-winning 4 star property, but reaches only 3 stars maximum with horrible services. We are widely travelled around the world, usually not complaining about minor things, but this hotel really made us angry.
Let's start with the pros, as there were a few of them:
- The balcony of our room was fantastic. Beautifully furnished with a hammock and a comfortable sofa, with amazing views to the sea. This was one of the best balconies we ever had.
- Although many reviews say that the beach is not so good we loved the unique black sand and swimming in the waves was fun.
- There never was any crowd anywhere in the hotel. Mostly we had the beach for our own which was cool.
Now let's see the cons which unfortunately highly exceed the pros:
- Cleanliness: just horrible. We had stains on our bed linen, the bathroom was worn out and dirty, the toilet was plugged many times. The sunbeds and tables on the beach were never cleaned. If we ordered cocktails to the beach the glasses were still there 2 or 3 days later. As there are some iguanas, there is iguana poo everywhere which they just leave there. I've rarely seen anybody who cleaned it up - not so hygenic especially in the restaurant areas. We spent 2,5 weeks in Costa Rica, stayed in 7 accommodations altogether and except this one never had any problems with cleanliness.
- Food and beverages: total rip-off. They say that there is a choice for breakfast for free. Yes it's true, however be prepared that you still remain hungry after you ate this complementary portion. Scrambled eggs made of only 1 egg for example. So you end up ordering payable items. We knew it, that would have been ok for us. However you won't get higher quality for the items you pay for. Sometimes it's a slightly bigger portion, sometimes it will be smaller. You'll never know. This morning we only got 1 slice of toast for the 13 USD scrambled eggs - yesterday we had 2 slices. Beverages are watered sometimes till they have no flavour - depends on the staff who makes it. Dinner is with limited selection and so-so flavour. Prices are on the higher end - a 2 course dinner for 2 with fruit juices is between 80-100 USD, but you won't get good quality for this money.
- Relaxing: sometimes you can sometimes you can't. There is some mainenance work they do near the beach which comes with loud noise. They are not aware that you might want to have an afternoon nap, they just keep doing the noisy work. The gardener uses the noisy leaf blowing machine when you lay there without thinking - but it seems he's just pretending work: he blows the leaves from left to right, then from the right to the left again. But you cannot relax, as it is so noisy. Yesterday they suddenly started to pack away all sunbeds from the artificial beach where we laid without any information about what they are doing - in the middle of the day! We went away for 5 mins and our beds were taken. It turned out that they organise a beachside dinner there - but why they can't inform us about it, just take our beds?
- Smoking: this property advertises itself as a non-smoking hotel - one reason why we chose to be here. Inspite of this, we had neighbours many days who were smoking. One night a lady smoked a marihuana cigarette that had so strong smell that you could smell it even in the room. Again, not too healthy. When we reported it to the management they simply did nothing - next day we got new neighbours who also smoked.
- Electricity and water: be prepared that there might be power cuts. They inform you about it, so no problem with that. However today the property had no water during the power cut. I don't know it these 2 things are related or not, but it happened together.
We reported these problems to the management (we prefer to discuss things before writing a negative feedback on TA) but they didn't care about it. They offered 20% discount from 1 night fee, which is ridiculous.
This property could be a really nice and good quality hidden boutique hotel, but with this management it is only a dirty, bad quality 3 star accommodation.
I have been here 4 nights. I read all the reviews before I came and feel many have tainted this wonderful place. Yes the patio door is a little tricky, yes the service is not exactly Gibson’s in Chicago, and yes I did actually see a few ‘no see’em’ flies. But consider this,,, you are right on the ocean and it is humid the doors will expand and contract, no big deal. Slow service? I was never without a drink, a smile, and a full plate of delicious food (have the fish tacos!).
As for insects,,,,, did you notice you drove in for 30km on back roads through the jungle to get here!? I actually was amazed at how few insects were here, resident iguanas must have got em all!!
This place is a high end quiet retreat. Outside the gate there is also lots to do for the adrenaline seekers!
Nicely appointed rooms. We had a view of the ocean.
Quiet and peaceful.
Staff just lovely and immediately respond to solve questions/problems.
Food is good.
Pools are lovely and other entertainment areas developed with lots of wellbeing in mind.
Unfortunately it is impossible to swim in the ocean of the hotel's private beach (riptides, etc)
We were totally trapped in one place, no shops or alternative restaurants/activities: the resort is part of a gated community on a bumpy dirt road in the middle of nowhere. Getting to a swimable beach means renting a car or paying top dollar for the hotel shuttle.
Food is quite expensive (and menu limited).