Belizean Dreams Resort
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
When you stay at Belizean Dreams Resort in Hopkins, you’ll be on the beach and convenient to Hopkins Pier. This 4-star hotel is within the region of Anderson Lagoon and Mayflower Bocawina National Park.
Make yourself at home in one of the 27 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators. Private bathrooms with showers feature rainfall showerheads and complimentary toiletries. Conveniences include safes and coffee/tea makers, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. If you’re looking for recreational opportunities, you’ll find an outdoor pool and bicycles to rent. Additional features at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Guests can catch a ride on the shuttle (surcharge), which operates within 188 km.
Food & Drink
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s beachfront restaurant, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a beach bar. Breakfast is available for a fee.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include dry cleaning/laundry services and multilingual staff. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours), and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Amazing stay! We booked Belizean Dreams for our honeymoon based on all of the great reviews on Trip Advisor. We went for 12 nights during October, which is their “wet” or “low” season. Therefore there are less tourists during that time and we had the resort mostly to ourselves or shared it with at most 5 or 6 other couples. We freaked at first when we realized it was their rainy season, but it rarely rains during the day. If it rains, it will rain at night and early morning.
We looked for a place that would make everything easy and provide an unforgettable experience. Belizean Dreams delivered in every way! Belize is the perfect combination of culture, beautiful tropical beaches, and adventure. While the amenities at the resort are wonderful (bar, pool, free kayaks and paddle boards, beach front location, hammocks, lounging chairs and beds, yard games like corn hole and ladder ball, golf cart, and walking location to the new Big Dock with fresh ceviche, drinks, rope swing, and day beds), the staff is what really makes your stay special. That and the FOOD (more on that later).
Santiago and Devi in the restaurant are superb—so full of life and attentive—and Lorraine was wonderful too. DeeDee the concierge made organizing our excursions and additional trips and activities easy. She always prepped us fully and was extremely accommodating. She was our go-to person for anything we needed. (For example, my wife was getting all kinds of bites, so DeeDee proactively moved us from our downstairs beach front suite to the upstairs suite in an effort to reduce the bites from any sand flies. It worked!)
Eric and Simon, the drivers, share a wealth of knowledge whether they’re simply driving or guiding you on your excursion. These guys do it all. They’re funny and a lot of fun too. They’ll stop at local restaurants or shops while you’re out so you can experience more of the country and culture as well.
Mark, Charles, Nikki, and Marianne at the bar are tons of fun too and mix up some great cocktails. The local selection included in your all inclusive package is predominately various types of rum, vodka, gin, and local beers. Tequila and whiskey are imported and are extra, same with any wine you’d like to order.
The rooms are spacious, private, clean, have an island charm, and have a good sized wall air conditioner that regulates the temp well, in addition to ceiling fans. Currently, there are not phones in the room to call the front office or restaurant, but it’s not a far walk to either. They do offer room service but you have to go order it in person at the restaurant.
The FOOD...just wow!! The chefs and the pastry chef are truly gifted. As other reviews mention, the dinner menu changes daily as does the dessert choice. Every single dinner we had was delicious. They offer fresh fish, shrimp, pork chops, steak, chicken, pasta, and more. PLUS if you, or any friends you make while there, go fishing, the chef will prepare the fish you catch in numerous ways for you to enjoy. We made some friends who caught snapper and yellow fin, and the chef prepared the fish in 6 different ways and it was all so delicious. The desserts are crazy good too. We’re normally not dessert people, but we indulged every night because it’s just that dang good.
Lastly, and this was just a bonus, the guests at the resort were really great as well. We were lucky enough to make good friends with two different couples, and went out to the local bar one night with 4 other couples.
A few things to note about the hotel and Belize itself based on our experience:
- The bugs in Belize are REAL. The front office has bug spray for you to purchase ($17 USD plus taxes). Wear it like a second skin. Expect to get bit and bring itch cream. This didn’t detract from our overall experience, but just prepare and bring bug spray.
- Sunscreen. Duh. Again, the front office has it but bring it.
- Bring a dry bag for your excursions. There are often rivers or pools you’ll come across, and it will make life easier when doing these hikes. A water proof case for your phone isn’t a bad idea either.
- The ATM cave tour is 100% worth it...IF you’re into adventures and are in decent shape. It’s not a relaxing tour or hike by any means. It’s a full day, you’re in and out of water, and there are some tight spaces you’ll go through. The guide we had (Oskar) was great. It’s $225 USD per person, but worth doing while they still allow people to explore the cave, the artifacts, and remains. Look it up!
- There is a spa down the street that’s really great, but we hear that renovations at the hotel will include an on-site spa before 2020 ends. The front desk can help you set up any spa services.
- There is a 8.5% service fee and a 12% GST (Guest Service Tax I’m guessing) on anything you book or buy through the front office, including any purchased drinks like wine. These may exist if you buy or book direct through different stores or services, but they were a surprise to us upon checkout.
- Hopkins (where the resort is located) is a fairly small town with dirt roads, but it felt very safe at any time of day.
- Again, no phones in the room so you have to walk to the office or restaurant for anything you may want.
- WiFi in the rooms was good for the first week, but nonexistent the last week. It had a good signal while at the restaurant, office, or on the beach though.
- Tipping is somewhat ambiguous. They say they don’t expect tips, but tip based on your experience and whatever you feel is right. The resort staff, as well as any guides, do appreciate the tips. We chose to tip the staff at the end of our stay instead of tipping daily.
- USD is used widely in Belize. You can pay in USD, but expect to get change back either in Belizean currency or a combination of both.
- The people of Belize are very friendly, especially the staff at the resort. Tourism is one of the main sources of revenue for the country, so there are lots of things for you to do and the people are motivated to treat you well.
The entire staff was absolutely wonderful! I couldn't get over how personable and knowledgeable everyone was. The rooms are beautiful and everything is well maintained. The food was always delicious. The tours are super fun and the guides are very knowledgeable and make it each trip that much better. We really enjoyed our time and wish we could have stayed longer. Definitely will be back!
We visited Belizean Dreams for a wedding and spent four days at this resort. From the moment we arrived at the airport the staff was amazing! The resort is very clean and the rooms are spacious and have wonderful views of the ocean. What makes this resort so special is the staff. They went above and beyond accommodating our party of twenty. The excursions were well planned and informative, and if you had a special request for an excursion, they made it happen.
The food was very good and the bartenders were always making sure you had a drink if you desired one. They also used bottled water for all of their guest as well as provide each guest with a canteen to fill from the bottle of water placed in the room.
We would definitely return to Belizean Dreams if we were to travel there again.