What We Love
- Each room has been individually designed and decorated with unique local artwork
- Well-stocked wine cellar
- Infinity pool over a waterfall
- The spa’s local Maya abdominal massage
- The property's “Adventure Specialist” can help plan outings
What To Know
- Mayan Ka'ana Resort is three miles from top Mayan ruins
- Rainy season is from June through October, but showers usually pass quickly
- Remote setting — the nearest airports are about 75 miles away
- Nespresso machines are available only in the villas
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Ka Ana Boutique Resort And Spa in San Ignacio, you’ll be in the historical district and minutes from Green Iguana Conservation Project, and close to San Ignacio Market. This 4-star resort is within the vicinity of Cahal Pech Mayan Ruins and Masewal Maya Medicinal Garden.
Make yourself at home in one of the 17 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring iPod docking stations and plasma televisions. Your room comes with a memory foam bed. Rooms have private furnished patios. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms have hair dryers and bathrobes.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. This resort also features complimentary wireless Internet access and wedding services.
Grab a bite to eat at the resort’s restaurant, which features a bar and a garden view. You can also stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include express check-in, dry cleaning/laundry services, and multilingual staff. This resort has 2 meeting rooms available for events. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request), and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
We enjoyed a nice and quiet weekend away from the kids. We had a tasteful breakfast, a nice romantic dinner in the wine cellar and a relaxing spa experience. The proximity to San Ignacio center is very convenient to go and explore the city, the market, Cahal Pech,...
The hotel is amazing. Secluded, meticulous, great attention to detail. The staff is very attentive. I would highly recommend to a friend. The restaurant is excellent as well. Wolfgang and Lorena are wonderful people!
One can tell that Kaana resort and staff truly go out of their way to make your visit special. I've been around the world and we were truly truly impressed with Kaana. Their accommodation and pictures were spot on, I attached a few of my own to attest. Their food was beyond delicious but the thing that really made me go "WOW!!" was their personalized hospitality.
- when we arrived, we we're greeted with the warmest smile, attendants that brought our luggage straight to the room with no expectations of tips. We were also welcomed with a lime slushie drink, perfect for Belize hot weather.
- they inquired of our daily excursions and one of those days, they even delivered a personalized note wishing us a great trip and not to forget some of the key essentials to our trips.
- every night we will be surprised with a little complimentary dessert as shown in the picture. Just a wonderful way to end the day.
- one particular day, we left really early for our excursion and the front desk lady came up, noticed we had not had breakfast, and ask if we were planning to. Since we had no time, she proceeded to ask if we would like to pack something for the trip. She and the team put together a nice fruit assortment to-go for us within a span of 5 mins.
Aside from the hospitality, the facilities, people, food and beverage, and ambiance was just perfect. Our only qualm was the water pressure wasn't great (which isn't that big of a deal).
TIP: Our only tip for incoming travellers are that cabs to and fro kaana to town can get very pricey ($10 USD/way). A local told us if we cross the street from Kaana, look for a taxi (taxis have no designated car color or signage, just green plates) with plates that has BVO sign, they charge $3 per ride. Do not expect much from the cabs, they look like they run on fumes and duct tape, but this has nothing to do with Kaana. Just locals making a living - can't blame them.