Sleeping Giant Rainforest Lodge
What We Love
- The wonderfully warm staff, who make you feel at home the moment you arrive
- Particularly popular with groups, but also good for families and couples
- The bar and lounge, with its lazy ceiling fans, soft leather sofas and eye-catching oil painting of a jaguar
- Freshly made soursop juice or cocktails at the end of the day
- The restaurant serves good international and Belizean favorites
- The plethora of birds makes the lodge ideal for birdwatchers
- Pair a stay at Sleeping Giant with Almond Beach Belize on the Caribbean coast
What To Know
- The lodge is 17 miles from Belmopan, the capital of Belize, but most flights land in Belize City, about two hours’ drive away; the lodge can arrange transfers
- Buses from Belize City will drop passengers off at the entrance to the lodge on the Hummingbird Highway, but from there it’s a half-mile walk to the lodge itself
- The River View Houses have two bedrooms with Jacuzzi tubs and can sleep seven, while the spacious Spanish Casitas sleep up to five, with two bunk beds; space is tighter in the Garden View Rooms
- Rooms have both air conditioning and ceiling fans
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
Located in Good Living Camp, Sleeping Giant Rainforest Lodge is on a river and close to St Herman’s Cave and Blue Hole National Park. This resort is within the vicinity of Crystal Cave and Mountain Pine Ridge Forest Reserve.
Make yourself at home in one of the 20 air-conditioned rooms featuring espresso makers. Private bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include safes and desks, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Relax and unwind with massages and facials. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the area shuttle (surcharge).
Grab a bite to eat at the resort’s restaurant, where you can take in a garden view and dine alfresco (weather permitting). Or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include multilingual staff and laundry facilities. Guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle for a surcharge, and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
The whole group of friends and I enjoyed our one night stay. The rooms were very very spacious and well designed and well planned out. The staff were very friendly. The most appealing aspect if my stay was my room. Wish I had more time to stay longer. I would tecommend. The only downside is that the many pathways which consist of many many steps ups and downs were not lit up for the guests to move around, even from the restaurant area to all the rooms. I would not recommend going to your room at night without a portable hand light.
My family (two kids 11 and 9) found this place while in the country on vacation. The staff and setting were so welcoming and perfect, we decided to change our plans and stay at the Jungle Lodge. Fermin and Travis were incredibly professional and bent over backwards to make sure we were happy and our kids were loving it. Seriously first class staff and the facilities were spectacular. Restaurant was immaculate and food was awesome. The treehouse experience was awesome and my wife loved the jacuzzi tube overlooking the rainforest. We're looking forward to going back and would highly recommend for anyone going to Belize - a must go for anyone visiting Belize.
I've been to Cave's Branch many times over the years. The jungle lodge is one of my favorite with my family but this time my friend organized a ladies trip. Yep, we went without any kids or partners! I've done most of the tours throughout the years so it was mostly a relaxing fun two day experience. I took the orchid garden tour for the first time with a guide and really enjoyed it. Lots of fun information. I also did the cheese tasting for the first time with the group. Order a bottle of wine and enjoy. Our group was split up into three rooms but all next to each other. Of course, the treehouses are amazing. The food is always good. I haven't had anything I haven't liked yet.
PS Fermin and Janet are the BEST!