The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
With a stay at The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa in Seven Mile Beach, you’ll be on the beach and minutes from Governor’s Beach, and close to The Strand Shopping Center. This 4-star resort is within close proximity of North Sound Golf Course and Galleria Plaza.
Make yourself at home in one of the air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and LCD televisions. Your room comes with a pillowtop bed. Satellite programming and iPod docking stations are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. If you’re looking for recreational opportunities, you’ll find an outdoor pool, a spa tub, and a sauna. Additional amenities at this resort include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and supervised childcare/activities.
Food & Drink
Enjoy a meal at one of the resort’s dining establishments, which include 4 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink at a beach bar, a poolside bar, or one of 4 bars/lounges.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, express check-out, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Planning an event in Seven Mile Beach? This resort has 9000 square feet (836 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms. Free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Looking at the pictures today on tripadvisor of the hotel beach area they just don't do it justice, the beach and back of the hotel are just stunning and every time you walk out its an amazing feeling. That being said its crowded and full of conference goers drinking like i've never seen. Think a frat party for old people. I defintely enjoy drinking on vacation with my husband but this was not the normal vacation drinking. It was not festive it was a frat party. That's great I guess if you are part of the multiple conventions they will have their during your family vacation. The pool is nice at first glance then you notice everyone in there is drinking, the water is dirty and you can't see the bottom of the pool and then when you get in anyway because your kids are dying to you feel the very rough bottom and sides. It was so rough my kid got scrapes on her knuckles, toes and a small one on her chin -she is 11 so really not a big deal and she should have been more careful but I didn't even sit on the steps as it would have ruined my bathing suit. I didn't care about the pool much because the sea visibility is incredible and I prefer that anyway, didn't go for the pool. At night omg, the walls are paper thin and if I thought the drinking during the day was alot WOW the drinking and partying at night must be great given ALL of the noise we heard as everyone returned. Too bad they did not return all together but throughout the evening, night and yes they had alot of fun some of them cause they came home into the wee hours of the morning. Every time we went to breakfast there were checklists out... are you part of this convention, then ok what about this one, oh well then what is your room number. So basically this place caters to convention goers and even the lobby was overtaken with TWO conventions table. So there is ONE lobby with two convention check in desks for their gifts and activities - do not plan on using it! I found the housekeeping excellent except they like to come in the afternoon late but when they do come they did an excellent job. The door people are really nice and helpful. I did like and was impressed with most of the staff but did run into some that were just off or rude and so just moved along as there were plenty helpful ones. They should however be trained to not treat everyone as a convention guest especially when they have a kid in tow! The hotel room is small. I really liked some things and really liked some of the staff, but will not return due to the convention business overtaking this hotel. It does not have the infrastructure other hotels have to support conventions so they are extremely disruptive and intrusive to the everyday guest. Its a very nicely renovated older hotel that would be perfect for supporting family vacations and small weddings but to host two huge conventions they should just not book this out to families or couples if they are going to have these huge conventions. Then for the beach chairs there are a ton of them but you still can't get them and I found the beach attendants to be the worst worst service in the entire place. I asked about lounge chairs and they said yeah just go find any one without any thing on it and you can use them. great, NO HELP. Also, one night we decided to dine at Ferdinand's outdoors which is beautiful and set off to the side on the beach. Well they should have warned us because they set up a tent and stuffed about 300 people and a band between Ferdinand's and the sea. So our quiet dinner where you could hear nature and the sea was ruined by yet another frat party this time with a band and all. Terrible terrible experience, will not go back to this hotel. Will stay at any other hotel or condo on SMB but this one.
Having initially stayed at this property several years ago, I was delighted to see the beautiful renovation. As always, the pool area is stunning. The only negative was the staff seeming very put upon, overworked and quite unhappy. It's really a shame to encounter this in such exquisite surroundings. Overall, a good experience.
This hotel sits on the most beautiful, pristine beach you will see on this side of the world. This is where all the positive feedback stops.
1. The hotel itself has been recently renovated. The lobby is pretty nice with a nice view of the daily sunsets, however the check in kiosks are smack in the middle and if a large group is checking in or out, it immediately feels like you’re in an airport.
2. The hotel pool grounds are also somewhat renovated, but the pool itself is old and tired. The water in the pool is always muddy, the steps into the pool are all cracked. Not child friendly at all. The pool is also pretty small. The lounge chairs by the pool are padded, the chairs by the beach are not. You also have to play the 7am chair game, first row on the beach is gone by 7:15am.
3. The rooms are renovated but are very small for a resort (if you’re used to newer hotels in DR or Mexico, prepare to be disappointed.) The beds are way too soft and uncomfortable. The balconies in the rooms are not renovated and are old. Half the rooms in the hotel face a very busy parking lot with busses and cars idling at all times. The rooms also have paper thin walls, you will hear everything from the hallway and outside (roosters are cute on the first day but when they start singing at three o’clock in the morning, it ain’t cute anymore). Housekeeping is also extremely loud during the day, so if you have kids, naps are challenging.
4. Housekeeping tries to avoid doing turndown every night by knocking on your door at around five o’clock offering fresh towels, when you ask them to come back later for turndown, the eye rolls are quiet something.
5. The food in the hotel is mediocre, Ferdinand’s breakfast buffet is average diner quality at best. The pool cafe is ok. Do Not ask them to buy a prepackaged cup of ice cream standing at hands reach before 11am, they will not sell it to you because it is against all policy and maybe even the law.
Unfortunately this hotel does not add anything to your experience. I think they cater a lot to large conferences, and therefore do not take the guest vacation experience very seriously. Consider the other two hotels on the island instead.
My third time at the Westin-- has the best and largest beach of al hotels in the Caymans- wide beach, people are not on top of each other compared to the Ritz next door. Hotel recently renovated- great cantina, gym and overall service. Hotel had great food as well, including outdoors by the beach. The hotel is also centrally located- easy to get to restaurants (great cuisine on the island) and other activities. Only negative was slow service by the beach and the rates (high but in line with other properties).
Westin clean, beach beautiful! Staff helpful but not all go the extra mile. Only ate at the tortuga restaurant on the beach once. Too pricey. Spoke to locals and had good meals at Peppers, Coco Joes, Sunshine Grill, 43 Casa which is Mexican. Just take the public bus for $2 CI and you are there. Safe 🌴