Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona
What We Love
- Situated right on Paseo de Gracia, minutes from the Ramblas and the vibrant Gothic quarter
- The things it must have seen: More than 100 years old, the Majestic played its part in historic events like the Spanish Civil War and the Olympics in 1992
- The Majestic spa, with products from local cosmetics brand Natura Bissé
- Impeccable, newly refurbished rooms with white marble bathrooms
- Choose between snacks on the roof terrace, seasonal fine dining in Condal restaurant or a meal in some of the city's trendiest restaurants, just a few blocks away
What To Know
- A city tax of approximately $3 (€2.50) per person (aged 16 and over), per night will be collected by the hotel at checkout
- Beneath a Philip Stanton mural on the roof terrace, the small pool is more for decoration than for training purposes
- From November to May the roof terrace hours vary, so ask beforehand if you’re planning on an alfresco nightcap
- While the spa and rooftop bar have a contemporary feel, the reception and common areas and Deluxe Rooms cater to more classic tastes
- Free WiFi
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, you’ll be centrally located in Barcelona, steps from Bulevard Rosa and Barcelona Egyptian Museum. This 5-star hotel is close to Casa Batllo and Palau de la Musica Catalana.
Make yourself at home in one of the 275 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and plasma televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and bidets. Conveniences include laptop-compatible safes and desks, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages and facials. If you’re looking for recreational opportunities, you’ll find a health club, an outdoor pool, and a sauna. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the area shuttle (surcharge).
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant or in one of the 2 coffee shops/cafés. Or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and express check-out. Planning an event in Barcelona? This hotel has 6943 square feet (645 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours).
How to Get There
Because I travel for business, I prefer to stay in apartments not hotel rooms on vacation. The Majestic Residences offer the best of both worlds. Spacious, well-appointed apartment with complete kitchens, washer/dryer, outdoor terrace, excellent a/c, secure, and the benefit of daily housekeeping and room service. Also, access to all the hotel has to offer, including concierge services, gym, spa, etc. My family enjoyed every minute at the Majestic, and found every member of the staff to be first-rate. Special thanks to Alvaro at the front desk who went above and beyond to make us feel especially welcome.
We loved staying at the Majestic hotel. We had a beautiful view of the city, incredibly comfortable bed, and amazing food. Our favorite thing was the breakfast that was included each morning! They offered everything you could want and I can not wait to go back.
In English, the word majestic means "having majesty; stately & grand." In Barcelona, the Majestic Hotel and Spa embodies all of those qualities. From the moment we arrived (on Sant Jordi's Day) we were treated royally. About the bellmen, front desk personnel, housekeepers, and the wait staff we have only praise. We were made to feel genuinely welcome at this spectacular hotel during our three nights there. The location was also perfect, in the heart of the city. We had requested an early check-in, but due to high occupancy the evening before, our room was not ready. We checked our luggage with the bellman and left to explore the city. On our return to the hotel, our luggage had already been taken to our room (suite!). Our suite was exquisite and we enjoyed the beautiful views from our balcony overlooking Passeig de Gracia, the best street in Barcelona, in addition to those from the roof top pool/bar area. Breakfast featured anything you could imagine for breakfast and we thoroughly enjoyed dinner in their Restaurant SOLC. There were also numerous restaurants very close to the hotel. We will choose the Majestic again and again whenever our travels take us to Barcelona.
Great hotel with excellent staff. Nice area for shopping and restaurants. Terrific patio views from 10th floor. Breakfast is excellent. Helpful concierge. Quiet. Art in building is very interesting. Would come again.
Views all over the city and nice drinks and ambience. 5 J ham slicer on site. Not cheap but worth the visit. When visiting at night please expect some waiting list.
Great profesional multilingual attention