Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona
What We Love
- Situated right on Paseo de Gracia, minutes from the Ramblas and the vibrant Gothic quarter
- The things it must have seen: More than 100 years old, the Majestic played its part in historic events like the Spanish Civil War and the Olympics in 1992
- The Majestic spa, with products from local cosmetics brand Natura Bissé
- Impeccable, newly refurbished rooms with white marble bathrooms
- Choose between snacks on the roof terrace, seasonal fine dining in Condal restaurant or a meal in some of the city's trendiest restaurants, just a few blocks away
What To Know
- A city tax of approximately $3 (€2.50) per person (aged 16 and over), per night will be collected by the hotel at checkout
- Beneath a Philip Stanton mural on the roof terrace, the small pool is more for decoration than for training purposes
- From November to May the roof terrace hours vary, so ask beforehand if you’re planning on an alfresco nightcap
- While the spa and rooftop bar have a contemporary feel, the reception and common areas and Deluxe Rooms cater to more classic tastes
- Free WiFi
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, you’ll be centrally located in Barcelona, steps from Bulevard Rosa and Barcelona Egyptian Museum. This 5-star hotel is close to Casa Batllo and Palau de la Musica Catalana.
Make yourself at home in one of the 275 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and plasma televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and bidets. Conveniences include laptop-compatible safes and desks, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages and facials. If you’re looking for recreational opportunities, you’ll find a health club, an outdoor pool, and a sauna. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the area shuttle (surcharge).
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant or in one of the 2 coffee shops/cafés. Or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and express check-out. Planning an event in Barcelona? This hotel has 6943 square feet (645 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours).
How to Get There
Fashionable location close to great restaurants, shopping, and sights to see in Barcelona. Welcoming and kind staff greet you on arrival to begin a flawless hotel experience. Rooms well appointed and spotless. Amazing breakfast. Looking forward to returning.
From the moment u step out of the car u,re welcomed by 3 grooms making u feel like royalty. No lines at checking in, smooth everything till u get to a lovely room where nothing is to be missed.
Public areas are like old times, piano plays in the afternoon, breakfast is yummy including those fantastic spanish hams and cold cuts, and some so nice waiters who take care of all guests, even suggesting what to do in Barcelona.
Of course, nearly 80% of staff are there since plenty years ago; special mention to Mr Juan, Security Chief, whose smile brightens ur day everytime u find him.
Ideal location, superb staff, excellent dining and breakfast, well appointed room,
attention to detail with supporting house keeping, and a general feeling of welcome.
The Majestic is a must stay for a visit to Barcelona.
Do not think about it.....do it!!
We booked for 5nights: double for first 2 nights and triple room for next 3 nights, as our daughter was joining us. I reconfirmed the same by email 1 week prior to arrival and on check in. However, on the 3rd day we were told triple room was not available. Instead we were given another double room (number 226) which had no window and the ac was not working, and so was not usable. After a lot of complaints we were shifted to another 2 connecting double rooms. The next day we were told that we could shift to a triple room, or we could continue to stay in these rooms and there will no extra charge. Though this was not what we booked, we accepted to continue in the same rooms as we were tired of moving every day. On morning of checkout I informed the reception and was told that there was no dues to be paid. However, to my astonishment, as I was leaving the hotel in the afternoon, I was told that I have to Pay Euro350 for the additional room. When I protested, I was told that I have to wait for the manager who was not available at that time. My taxi was waiting at the door and it was getting late for my flight. I was allowed to go after my travel agent spoke to them and said that he will take responsibility.
In summary, I was not given a triple room inspite of having a confirmed booking. I adjusted to what was available. Instead of rewarding me, the hotel tried to charge me extra for a mistake on their part.
I wrote in these comments in the feedback to the hotel, but received no satisfactory explanation reply regarding why the extra charge. Only that they will offer me complimentary upgrade in my next visit. I will never stay in this hotel after this unpleasant experience resulting from their unprofessional behaviour nor will I recommend to anyone. Avoid at all cost as many other hotels offer better value for your money.
Great location and service in the hotel. I was still disappointed:
1. Top Floor/swimming pool closed.
2. I had to take a cold shower on my second morning - no hot water.
3. I made an arrangement with the conciërge for an event at the hotel and late they cancelled again despite earlier promises.