What We Love
- The low-key glamour of Kelly Hoppen’s stylish interiors
- You’re in the midst of fashion stores galore along Paseo de Gracia
- The soundproofed double-glazed windows keep out the city's notoriously loud street life
- Asian-inspired dinners at Thai chef Ian Chalermkittichai’s Restaurante Murmuri are faultless
- Rooms have Molton Brown goodies in the bathroom as well as iPod docks and flat-screen TVs
What To Know
- A city tax of approximately $1.50 (€1.25) per person (aged 16 and over), per night will be collected by the hotel at checkout
- You get free access to the pool and spa at sister hotel the Majestic — but it’s a six minute walk away
- About half of the rooms have balconies, but everyone can use the lounger-strewn sundeck
- Standard rooms are on the small side
- You’re within easy reach of the Diagonal Metro station
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
Hotel Murmuri is in the heart of Barcelona, walking distance from Fundacio Sunol and Casa Mila. This 4.5-star hotel is close to Casa Batllo and Palau de la Musica Catalana.
Make yourself at home in one of the 58 guestrooms featuring minibars and plasma televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with bathtubs or showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Enjoy recreation amenities such as bicycles to rent or take in the view from a rooftop terrace. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the area shuttle (surcharge).
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel’s restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include dry cleaning/laundry services, a 24-hour front desk, and multilingual staff. A shuttle from the hotel to the airport is available for a surcharge.
How to Get There
This hotel is high end and gorgeous. The staff are super friendly and helpful. It is a short walk to the subway and only a few stops from any major place for tourists. They kept the room VERY clean, had a lovely rooftop lounge, and the best shower. The lights were interesting in that in addition to the room key in the slot to activate them (like most European hotels) they had buttons for different settings rather than a dial or switch. We also appreciated the complimentary champagne and treats since it was our honeymoon.
This is a review of the residences at Murmuri. I booked a 2bed/2ba apt for 3 nights for 4 girls. The apartment was very spacious and had a lovely terrace to enjoy a bottle of cava in the evenings. The apartment is well located and close to many shops, restaurants, and bars. The hotel staff were very nice and accommodating. I only have 2 “cons” about the apartment. The first is the awkward layout. The 2nd bathroom was immediately to the right upon entering the apartment but the 2nd bedroom was across the living room by the kitchen. This was a girls trip so it was ok for us but if you are traveling with another couple for instance, it would be very awkward watching people track across the living room fresh out of the shower. The other con was the shower/tub in the master could’ve been a bit cleaner, i understand that it’s a hotel and it isn’t brand new, but a little elbow grease can go a long way. All in all it was a solid stay, I’d stay here again.
Great location, on a quiet street but still in the centre of Barcelona. Staff always happy to see their guests. Nice size rooms. There cafe on the street serves local Catalonian food at a reasonable price . My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay again .