Casa Bella Gracia
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
A stay at Casa Bella Gracia places you in the heart of Barcelona, walking distance from Palau Robert Home and Casa de les Punxes. This guesthouse is close to Casa Batllo and Sagrada Familia.
Make yourself at home in one of the 12 air-conditioned rooms featuring LCD televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Private bathrooms with bathtubs or showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include safes and desks, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Take in the views from a terrace and make use of amenities such as complimentary wireless Internet access.
Business & Travel Amenities
A roundtrip airport shuttle is available for a surcharge.
How to Get There
Ok the good points first:
- the hotel is in a very convenient location, walkable to most major tourists spots and in a nice neighbourhood
And now the rest...
- there was no hot water from check in on Sunday afternoon through to 7PM on Tuesday night, the night before our check out. I understand problems happen but communication from the hotel was abysmal. They promised a refund during our stay only to renege on that afterwards and offer less than one night's rate back as compensation.
- only 1 teabag provided for 2 people and not replenished during our stay
- the safe didn't work
- room wasn't cleaned during our stay
- lots of noise from other rooms, banging doors, shouting etc (not the hotels fault but the lack of staff means there's no deterrent for noisy guests and nobody to complain to if its keeping you awake)
Without the issues, this could have been a great stay. But it's a gamble. The hotel is not staffed so when you do have issues (like we did) there's nobody to help. Unfortunately I wouldn't recommend this hotel unless you have no other options.
I stayed here with my mum and it was a great location. We wanted to be away from the touristy Gothic Quarter (a beautiful area but it tends to be pretty busy and over-priced for accom these days - it's better to visit, not stay there!) You can walk pretty much everywhere from here, or jump on a bus or metro.
Gracia is a lovely pocket of Barcelona and the property was easy to find. It had a sweet little roof garden to escape to. Entry is via a pin code for the front door and also your room. The property is unattended (no recption desk), although there are people to phone if you need to. This worked fine for us; we simply wanted a base to rest our weary heads at the end of our action-packed days!
The nearby Can Codina tapas/bar/cafe was very handy and delicious and there are some really interesting shops on Carrer de Bonavista around the corner.
The only drawback with our room was that it was a bit on the small side for 2 people and we were on the ground floor. The weather/room was warm enough that you wanted to open the windows (which are high up) to get some air, but that meant you copped the street noise in close-up which, on a Friday night, was really rowdy til after 3am. The room was a little dark too, because of the window positioning and inadequate 'compensatory' ceiling lighting.
I definitely would stay there again but I'd go up 1 or 2 levels. I wouldn't mind facing the street, but there would be way more natural light in the room and the noise might be more diffused.
If you are looking for a no-fuss place to stay in Barcelona then this is for you. Be warned, there is no staff here it is all electronic, but everything worked fine. Our room was clean and comfortable and we loved the location. The restaurants and cool bars in the area were great.