Maca Bana Luxury Boutique Resort
What We Love
- Jetsetter rate includes the use of ocean kayaks and snorkel equipment, and a welcome fridge stocked with basic groceries
- A secluded feel without total loss of connection — the resort provides a free local cell phone (loaded with a small credit), as well as WiFi
- All seven villas are solar powered
- The resort has its own 15-acre organic farm
- Laid-back, friendly locals
What To Know
- Parties of 2 who book a Deluxe Villa will not have access to the second bedroom; parties of 4 who book a Deluxe Villa will have access to the second bedroom at an extra cost
- Flight details are required at least 2 days prior to arrival, in order to reserve a free transfer
- The beachside restaurant and bar is down the hillside from the villas
- Things at the resort are fairly quiet, but St. George’s is a 15-minute taxi ride away
- Grenada is just 12 degrees north of the equator, so it can get gooey hot (all villas have air conditioning)
- Airport transfers are free
- Cooking classes start at $65 per hour
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
When you stay at Maca Bana Luxury Boutique Resort in St. George’s, you’ll be on the beach and minutes from Aquarium Beach and Pink Gin Beach. This 4-star villa is within close proximity of Portici Beach and Morne Rouge Beach.
Treat yourself to a stay in one of the 7 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring private spa tubs and flat-screen televisions. Your room comes with a Select Comfort bed. Rooms have private furnished balconies. Kitchens are outfitted with full-sized refrigerators/freezers, stovetops, and microwaves. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment.
Relax and unwind with body treatments and facials. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Grab a bite to eat at the villa’s beachfront restaurant, where you can enjoy drinks at a bar, take in a garden view, and even dine alfresco (weather permitting). Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a beach bar.
Featured amenities include express check-out, dry cleaning/laundry services, and multilingual staff. A roundtrip airport shuttle is complimentary at scheduled times.
How to Get There
Boutique hotels are so hit or miss, but this was clearly a hit. Nickson went out of his way to make certain our family was taken care of by having Ricky, the taxi driver, take us wherever we wanted with a cell phone to contact him, fresh fruit and food upon arrival, and they even found a way to get us a tour guide at the last minute when Island Routes cancelled our tour less than 12 hours before. HIGHLY RECOMMEND
Maybe not for people who want a full service hotel, but great alternative for people who like renting a villa but having a bit of support. Great location close to the airport on a beautiful nearly empty beach. Very good restaurant in Aquarium adjacent (same owner). Nicely updated and maintained cottage-villas. Clustered together but positioned so they feel private. Private hot tub and almost always empty pool were nice to have. However, the people make the difference - Joanne, Nixon and the diligent, friendly cleaning staff made all the difference. With the small number of guests, you feel like they get to know your family quickly and want to help in more ways than just making sure you have towels. In short, if you like to make your own breakfast, be out and about for lunch and go to different nice restaurants for dinner, this is a fantastic option. If you need all inclusive 3 meals, then this is not for you.
PS unless you are in poor health or elderly, ignore the comments about the walk to the beach. it's a little steep but literally about under a minute. our two year old did it no problem.
We were so delighted with our stay at Maca Bana. We had never been to Grenada before and now can't wait to return. Maca Bana was beyond expectations and it was the little things that made a difference ….the stocked fridge when we arrived, the use of a local cell phone, the quality appliances and equipment and the friendliness of all the staff, in particular Jackson and Joanne. We stayed in Avocado and at first were disappointed that we didn't have a full sea view from the deck, however being able to listen to the sea, the palm trees and the birds made up for it. Be sure to visit the bench on the top of the hill to see the sun set! FYI, the waves on the beach can be strong so be careful and if you are looking to buy spices to bring home, purchase in the Spice market in St Georges rather than on the beach, they are much cheaper.