Hotel La Pagerie
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
Located in Trois-Ilets, Hotel La Pagerie is by the sea, minutes from Anse Mitan, and close to Pointe du Bout. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Golf de la Martinique and House of Sugar.
Make yourself at home in one of the 96 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and flat-screen televisions. Rooms have private furnished balconies. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Detached private bathrooms with showers feature rainfall showerheads and complimentary toiletries.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Try your luck at the casino and enjoy other recreational amenities, which include an outdoor pool. Additional features at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, an arcade/game room, and gift shops/newsstands.
Food & Drink
You can enjoy a meal at a restaurant serving the guests of Hotel La Pagerie, or stop in at a snack bar/deli. Relax with a refreshing drink from a poolside bar or one of the 2 bars/lounges. Buffet breakfasts are available daily from 6 AM to 10 AM for a fee.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. A shuttle from the hotel to the airport is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours), and free self parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
The staff, chef, rude and unprofessional, smelly bathroom horrible food and almost late for my flight since I booked for a cab with the hotel to go to the airport and they didn’t even bother to do so.
When not exploring the island of Martinique, our group of travelers were happy to spend time at the Hotel La Pagerie. Every room has either a patio or balcony; the pool was relaxing; the location was perfect
If you are looking for a centrally-located hotel in Pointe-du-Bout, this is probably your best choice. It's not on the beach, so if that's a major factor for you, realize that you will have a bit of a walk (just a few minutes) to get where you want to be. The rooms are very comfortable. Perhaps the only inconvenience is that if you leave the room or open the balcony door, the a/c shuts off! Otherwise it was great to be able to walk across the street to the Village Creole for lunch, dinner, and shopping, or just enjoy the pool, which is beautiful. Staff was very polite and helpful. Nice lobby area with a bar in the evenings. We would definitely stay here again.
My first impression was a little shocked. We arrived after 2 hours of traffic and were not able to park at the hotel since it seems the staff were using the parking spots. There was another parking lot which was free 500 metres up the road so we parked there. The room was very nice and clean as was the bathroom. The pool area was also nice and we enjoyed a swim and a drink at the swim up bar. The location is very central to the beach area and the boat dock, and also the Creole dining which is why we picked it. The two faults I can comment on is that number one the staff were young millennials with attitude that really knew nothing about what they were supposed to be representing. Communication skills in the toilet; they really made us feel like we were a nuisance to them. I thought at first that maybe it was that whole 'French' cliché but frankly no other French-speaking Martinicans were that rude to us. In fact, on the contrary, we were pleasantly charmed by how lovely the locals were. Then there was the issue with the television that didn't have channels that worked at all. They advertise it very differently. I am not one to watch television, but I had my child with me and it would have been nice to have watched a film together in the evening. So I do recommend this hotel, but I warn you to be prepared for the attitude and the inconveniences.
This hotel is a mix bag of very good and very bad...
- upon arrival we were given a first floor room with no view, facing the opposite building (no privacy) even though we had requested a higher floor room with pool view. We had this room for two days, and then were able to move to a much better room (better view, side kitchenette, and without the side bed which we didn't need and taking space).
- our bathroom shower in our second room (#543) however did not look very clean (shown in review picture). We reported it but this was dismissed as "normal", and "that's the way it is and we cannot clean it any better" by the staff. The head cleaning woman came to look at it, but I was using the washroom (I'll spare you the details) when she came knock at the door. My wife asked her if she could wait 5 minutes. The head cleaning woman never came back.
- the same head cleaning woman also gave us a hard time to exchange our towels with towel cards (worth 20 euros each if you don't return them upon departure), even though the front desk had granted us 2 extra towels.
- the hotel restaurant Le Pitaya is pretty bad (I wrote a separate review in TripAdvisor)
- private gated parking is free but does not accommodate too many cars and is often full even though we went during the low season
- our A/C remote stopped working for a day but this was fixed later that same afternoon.
- great location in the heart of Pointe-Du-Bout, with the shops, restaurants, walking distance to the ferry going to Fort-De-France, the beaches...
- friendly and accommodating staff overall (except one as noted in the cons above).
The front desk lady was very nice and gave us 2 extra towel cards so we could use the towels to go to the beach (to lay down, and dry ourselves). She was also very friendly and gave us some helpful directions about shopping centers.
- there is a free public parking very close
- great pool with swim up bar
- our 2nd room after we moved had probably the best view of the pool of the whole hotel (room #543), even though the shower needed some cleaning (noted in the cons above)
Overall we had a good experience at this hotel. We managed to stay clear of the evil cleaning head staff woman, avoided the hotel restaurant, and were able to move to a better room for the rest of our stay.