The Verandah Resort & Spa
How to Get There
Lovely room overlooking the bay, just a short walk to the main restaurant complex and pool. The food over the week was excellent with Nicole's providing a superb Lobster meal on the Friday to finish the week beautifully. I have been to the resort a number of times and the staff are so friendly.The option of the two beaches, coupled with the water-sports and the friendly instructors in a very safe and secure bay, just works so well.We will be returning!!
My young family (2 adults and a 3.5yr old) researched extensively to find a good, comfortable and safe resort. We are not resort people in general. Most all inclusives would not be for us.
I will start with the minor issues:
- The restaurant situations with reservations needs a lot of preparation to ensure you can get into Buccaneers or the Beach Bar. They only do 48 hours out. so go first thing. As folks mention, the buffet is just OK and the service is not comparable.
- There is a beautiful resort being put up next door and those dudes WORK. It is almost over though.
- The waterfront suites have excellent views and a wonderful wind.
- The property is almost perfect in size and design - lots of space to get away.
- Two beaches for what you need, family liked the soft beach walk out at the main beach, my daughter would not get out. Lots of cool ocean life down there too (schools of minnows, some small barracudas, Jack fish and a punch of pelicans to spice it up - lots of entertainment from that
- Vast majority of staff was super friendly - the others likely just had some bad days, a smile takes that all away.
- The beach vendors were not hard hustlers. Leroy the Aloe Guy - need to buy his wares - he is a great guy. He even sourced my a Warri board while I was there and taught me the game
The Great -
- Our memories of family time is a great silent setting
-Ariel and Toy being so kind to my daughter was fantastic.
We are coming back soon.
From the moment we settled into our room and took in the beautiful ocean view we were happy with this resort. We soon realized that every room has a great ocean view and a decent size balcony from which to enjoy it.
The food was quite good even though there are less a la carte options than some other similarly rated places. Wide selection at the buffet, with an interesting carving or cooking station at each meal. For breakfast the smoothie station with some twenty choices for ingredients was great and little touches like smoked salmon and spinach at the omelette station were appreciated. Our favourite lunch spot was probably the Wadadli Grill by the quiet and beautiful Rasta beach. Excellent burgers, paninis and a delicious tuna salad were made there. The bars offered any drink you wanted including champagne.
The two options for the beach were great. Plenty of shaded sun chairs were available at each. The smaller, quieter Rasta beach was fabulous for relaxation and quiet and soaking in the view, with a beach volleyball court available if you felt more active.
The main beach, although busier, still had lots of sun chairs available at all times and many waterspport options were included like SUPs, kayaks, a pedal boat, small catamarans, snorkelling gear, and windsurfs.
The kids club had a great facility for our youngest but he hardly used it because he had so much fun enjoying all of the other amenities like the watersports, ping pong tables in 2 spots, a mini golf course, tennis courts, shuffleboard, 2 pool tables and most importantly a huge main pool that was never overcrowded.
The tour desk was helpful in booking us tours and in arranging self guided tips on the island.
The staff were friendly and competent.
Overall the best Caribbean resort experience that our family has had.
Lots to do for adults and kids. Staff was super friendly, resort is beautiful. Rooms were a little small, but very neat and clean. Didn't matter, other than sleeping, we were never in them. Definitely going back.
Nice looking resort,very quiet, Nice rooms. but not much of a selection for dining and drinking. Told by travel agent that there were 3 restaurants and several bars. Problem is they close one of the restaurants almost every night and try to force you to the buffet (Fair at best), or to a restaurant that charges $40 per person. Upon complaining to the hostess the one evening, she took care of us with a reservation at Buccaneers and found tat the restaurant was only half full the entire time we were dining.