What We Love
- Iceland’s best artists — new and established — are displayed in the hotel’s substantial collection
- Free WiFi throughout the property
- All rooms have heated floors
- The hotel’s restaurant menu includes a great selection of traditional Icelandic cuisine
- Excellent location for exploring Reykjavik on foot
- You’ll find more couples and business travelers here than families
- For help planning a vacation to Reykjavik or Iceland, check out our Personal Travel Planning service
What To Know
- Breakfast isn’t included in the room rate, and food in Iceland is expensive
- If you’re renting a car, it’s a long way between the city and anywhere else. Carry emergency provisions (blankets, food, water, flashlights, etc.) with you
- This can be a raucous location on weekend nights
- This is far north — extreme daylight or equally extreme darkness can predominate depending upon the time of the year
- Consider renting a car; taxis to/from the international airport are about $122 each way
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
101 hotel is in the heart of Reykjavik, walking distance from National Cathedral and Harpa. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Parliament House and Reykjavik Pond.
Make yourself at home in one of the 38 guestrooms featuring iPod docking stations and LCD televisions. Satellite programming and DVD players are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms have designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as a spa tub, a sauna, and a fitness center. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and a fireplace in the lobby.
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Breakfast is available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include a business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services.
How to Get There
This unique upscale boutique hotel is great. Well thought out design elements, Icelandic art throughout the hotel. Elevator, but wonderful location to walk the downtown shops and restaurants. Aldo, affiliated w Marriott, so you can use, or redeem points by staying there! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the 101!
We stayed for 3 nights. The main street is round the corner a few steps away. Staff is courteous, and very helpful. Guided us on our tours and were very pleasant.
The rooms have open bathrooms - which took a bit getting used to, but it was nice. The lights very fancy (and foxed us)....but the views on 207,307,407 are to die for.
There were no tea making facilities in the rooms which was a bit of a bummer in the cold. Lobby has a lovely open fireplace to relax in.
This boutique hotel is just what you would expect it to be. Classic, clean, comfortable, and relaxing. The room and bathroom were amazing. The toilet and shower are behind glass walls so privacy is limited. The lounge was a relaxing place to share a glass of wine after walking the streets of Reykjavik. The spa was nice as well. The staff were friendly and courteous. Rooms were spacious. We arrived on a 6am flight since our room was ready they allowed us to check in around 11am-12pm. It was really nice to be able to freshen up and take a quick nap after our flight. We would definitely stay at 101 Hotel again!
This hotel is beautiful with nice artistic touches throughout the building. The staff was simply tremendous helping us with places to visit, restaurant suggestions, and assisting with some language challenges on excursions we had booked. The location is absolutely perfect with an abundance of bars, bistros, shops and sights close by. There are a couple of parks nearby were great for running. Only challenge is parking as there are only maybe 5 or 6 spots specifically for 101 Hotel guests, otherwise parking is a nightmare. Cannot say enough about the staff as everyone was friendly, always smiling and asking if they could help in any manner
Beautiful hotel. Excellent location within the city. Staff is competent, courteous, friendly and well-traveled. Spacious rooms with all amenities. Modern radiant heat outside the shower provided old-fashioned warmth and was a true luxury.