What We Love
- Daily breakfast is included
- Short walk to shopping on Calle Florida and Galerías Pacífico
- Unusually modern aesthetic for Buenos Aires
- Stellar open-air sky bar and lounge
- Some of the Standard Rooms have private balconies
What To Know
- Most rooms are small
- Two-floor parking garage will be open in September
- Free WiFi throughout property
- Sky Bar is open only September through April
- Eighth-floor swimming pool is scheduled to open in September
- On-site gymnasium will open in September, but guests will have access to an off-site gym at no additional charge
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Hotel Pulitzer, you’ll be centrally located in Buenos Aires, steps from Naval Center and minutes from Borges Cultural Center. This 4-star hotel is close to Teatro Colon and Obelisco.
Make yourself at home in one of the 104 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature rainfall showerheads and complimentary toiletries. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Enjoy recreational amenities such as a health club and an outdoor pool. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access and concierge services. Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the area shuttle (surcharge).
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, where you can enjoy drinks at a bar and dine alfresco (weather permitting). Or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk. Planning an event in Buenos Aires? This hotel has 431 square feet (40 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request), and self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
How to Get There
No complaints here. Couldn’t ask for more from this cute little hotel. Great location just seconds from Plaza San Martin, and minutes from the adorable Recoleta neighborhood. Close to some cute restaurants and overall a very convenient location. We had room 1004, it’s a queen bed, and a decent size. Came with daily breakfast which was great. Only stayed for two nights, but had a great time.
The positives for Hotel Pulitzer are the location, overall design and affordable price point. The rooms are a reasonable size but ours reeked of smoke, was generally warm and the beds were very hard. Breakfast was average at best and the front desk staff wasn’t particularly helpful. Our stay was short but if you are going to be in BA for more than a couple of days, I would recommend looking elsewhere.
We spent two nights here. On the first morning my bag was stolen in the breakfast room. The hotel staff did not check names or room numbers of guests entering the breakfast room. CCTV showed the man who had slipped in and taken the bag and leaving the hotel. Response of the hotel staff: it is a public place. The next morning, same lax attitude, no apology from the men at reception. If you stay here, be careful of your belongings as there are no systems in place to safeguard you.
Third time I’ve stayed here and an even better value now with the peso being down versus the dollar. Friendly and competent staff, very clean throughout and very good breakfast.
Location is good and a number of good restaurants within walking distance.
The hotel has some pretty photos and nicely designed rooms, but that's where it ends.
- No gym. They claim they do but they don't.
- No air conditioning. They claim they do but they don't (apparently the owner doesn't want to turn it on until summer to save costs on electricity) As a result ALL of the rooms are 25-27 degrees celcius even with windows open when the outside temperature is only 22 degrees, and getting hotter by the day. Impossible to sleep and and so hot inside you feel dizzy.
Then the minor things, which could otherwise be overlooked:
- Maintenance issues obvious, wear and tear
- Hard and old beds
- Some guests have commented about theft from rooms etc
- Powet sockets are angled so don't work with adapters etc
Asked to leave the hotel early of my 6 night stay to go to the Sheraton Park instead, which would solve my immediate issue about having a comfortable room temperature, but they refused insisting to charge - shameful behavior when they falsely advertise to get your business, don't deliver, make you uncomfortable then steal your money.