What We Love
- Free WiFi
- Exploring local trails on snowshoes or Louis Garneau hybrid bikes
- The intimate, recently refurbished massage room
- The gift shop, with locally made items such as Quebecois maple syrup and homemade granola with coconut shavings and hazelnuts
- Bartender and sommelier Patrick Grieve’s expertly crafted martinis, served in the Tap Room
- Cocktails by the fire in the library
What To Know
- The property was renovated in 2011
- Manoir Hovey is just 20 minutes north of the Vermont boarder, though the closest international airport is in Montreal
- The pool is closed in the winter
- Rooms and indoor spaces are strictly nonsmoking
- The property has two wheelchair-accessible guestrooms, but parts of the property are not handicap-accessible
- Three ski resorts are a 45-minute drive from the property
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
When you stay at Manoir Hovey in North Hatley, you’ll be on the beach and convenient to The Piggery Theatre. This 4.5-star hotel is within the vicinity of Waterville Golf Club and Karting Orford.
Make yourself at home in one of the 37 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring iPod docking stations and espresso makers. Flat-screen televisions with cable programming provide entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms have designer toiletries and bathrobes. Conveniences include safes and complimentary bottled water, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Treat yourself with massages, body treatments, and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including an outdoor pool, an outdoor tennis court, and a fitness center. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and wedding services.
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel’s restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. This hotel has 2 meeting rooms available for events. Free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Manoir Hovey is like stepping back in time. It is a beautiful old resort on the shores of Lake Massawippi that feels sophisticated, very classy and very Relais and Châteaux. We had a pretty room overlooking the lake with a veranda to sit outside. The common areas of the hotel are very welcoming and comfortable. The staff was willing to do just about anything to accommodate our desires. The pool and dock on the lake were beautiful and inviting. A wonderful place to just relax by the lake and unplug from the outside world.
It was that time of year where I needed some rest and relaxation for a few days with a good friend. We decided to make a repeat visit to Hovey (as we have done in the past on several occasions) and again - Everything was perfect!The staff was excellent and helpful and the dining experience was top notch. Impressive wine list!
The highlight of our eastern Canada trip was no doubt Manoir Hovey - a unique setting where incredible nature, upscale accommodation and excellent cuisine all meet! The rooms are a little on the small side, but the generous outdoor and communal spaces more than make up for that!