The Charlie Hotel
What We Love
- Fresh welcome fruit and late checkout are included in the Jetsetter rate
- Hollywood legends, from Charlie Chaplin to Natalie Portman, have stayed here
- Private, home-away-from-home atmosphere; each unit has full kitchen, eating and workspace and laundry machines (most also have outdoor spaces)
- Tudor-style villas and English gardens
- Low-key staff that knows how to welcome you — and to leave you alone
- Paparazzi-free grounds
What To Know
- The Charlie Hotel is so hidden on its side street in West Hollywood that you might drive past it the first (or second) time
- No nickel-and-diming: phone calls, Internet, laundry machines, even fresh flowers and a bowl of fruit are included
- There’s no restaurant on-site, but some of L.A.’s finest dining (and one of its best supermarkets) are within an easy walk
- Depending on traffic, allow at least 40 minutes to reach West Hollywood from LAX or Burbank Airport via taxi or shuttle van
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at The Charlie Hotel in West Hollywood (Beverly Hills – West Hollywood), you’ll be close to Beverly Center Shopping Mall and TCL Chinese Theatre. This apartment is close to Dolby Theater and Hollywood Bowl.
Make yourself at home in one of the 14 air-conditioned rooms featuring kitchens with full-sized refrigerators/freezers and stovetops. LCD televisions with digital programming provide entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Conveniences include microwaves and coffee/tea makers, as well as phones with free local calls.
Take in the views from a garden and make use of amenities such as complimentary wireless Internet access and a television in the lobby.
Continental breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include express check-in, express check-out, and luggage storage. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
How to Get There
I'll only stay here from now on. Best location, helpful staff, quiet and full of character. We were able to walk to shopping and dining in under 10 minutes - if you want to stay in West Hollywood, stay here.
Very convenient and very comfortable! Loved the neighborhood. And our daughter lives 0.1 mile away! Several blocks from Santa Monica blvd with good food and shopping. Everyone of the staff we encountered was very pleasant and helpful. On Mother’s Day we returned to our suite to find a vase full of roses from the garden as a gift to me!
Special, beautiful, original, well maintained, perfectly located.
The hotel is comprised of a secluded, small complex of early 20th century villas, in a beautiful setting, with a lovely garden. The streets around are quiet, safe and walkable at night; parking is indoors.
I stayed in the Charlie and it was stunning. It is more self catering cottages than hotel but it is ideal for exploring LA. You can stay in swanky hotels anywhere, this is something a little different and truly special. The staff were great.
We spent 3 nights at the Charlie's hotel. Site is very nice with peaceful garden, situated in a small and quiet street. Well equipped & cosy appartement / room. They just have to think to provide complimentary coffee or at least coffee pods or filter. Cleaning could be better... Some furnirures and corners are dusty and need once a proper cleaning.