The Charlie Hotel
What We Love
- Fresh welcome fruit and late checkout are included in the Jetsetter rate
- Hollywood legends, from Charlie Chaplin to Natalie Portman, have stayed here
- Private, home-away-from-home atmosphere; each unit has full kitchen, eating and workspace and laundry machines (most also have outdoor spaces)
- Tudor-style villas and English gardens
- Low-key staff that knows how to welcome you — and to leave you alone
- Paparazzi-free grounds
What To Know
- The Charlie Hotel is so hidden on its side street in West Hollywood that you might drive past it the first (or second) time
- No nickel-and-diming: phone calls, Internet, laundry machines, even fresh flowers and a bowl of fruit are included
- There’s no restaurant on-site, but some of L.A.’s finest dining (and one of its best supermarkets) are within an easy walk
- Depending on traffic, allow at least 40 minutes to reach West Hollywood from LAX or Burbank Airport via taxi or shuttle van
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at The Charlie Hotel in West Hollywood (Beverly Hills – West Hollywood), you’ll be close to Beverly Center Shopping Mall and TCL Chinese Theatre. This apartment is close to Dolby Theater and Hollywood Bowl.
Make yourself at home in one of the 14 air-conditioned rooms featuring kitchens with full-sized refrigerators/freezers and stovetops. LCD televisions with digital programming provide entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Conveniences include microwaves and coffee/tea makers, as well as phones with free local calls.
Take in the views from a garden and make use of amenities such as complimentary wireless Internet access and a television in the lobby.
Continental breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include express check-in, express check-out, and luggage storage. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
How to Get There
The Charlie is a little touch of England in the middle of Los Angeles the cottages are great for a couple friends to share comfortable common space to visit and lovely outs patios too. The staff is delightful and the location is in the middle of West Hollywood. Melrose is just down the street for food, fashion and fun people watching.
Service was excellent easy check in . The Steve room was very charming and well stocked (lots of hangers which is very much appreciated.) Bedding very comfortable! and room was quiet. Wonderful neighborhood to stroll and lots of nearby cafes/ restaurants and shopping.
The location is great (2 blocks from Melrose and 3 blocks from Santa Monica blvd), house is charming, the staff were very accommodating but had some technical glitches like low water pressure, moderately warm water (no hot shower) and tv was not reliable.
We found this hotel by chance online a day before we were due in West Hollywood and stumbled across a brilliant find.
The grounds are lovely and the car park is secure. John on reception called me on the day of arrival to let me know we could check-in much earlier at 12.30 if we wanted, and his welcome when we arrived was very warm.
We stayed in the ‘Steve’ cottage. Very comfortable bed, great shower, nice little kitchen and comfortable seating area, with a small but pleasant outdoor seating place if we had wanted it.
Very easy to walk into town where there’s a great array of food places and bars.
We had breakfast one morning in Norms which was a great little diner, and the other morning in Toast, where food was good but service was lacking and it was overpriced. We had dinner in the Real Food Daily restaurant (which serves all meals) and that was fantastic.
Really like The Charlie and would go back.
What a beautiful place! We stayed in The Marilyn and it was simply stunning, so. I’ve we cancelled our dinner plans to spend the evening in with retake out instead! Staff were so friendly and helpful too!