South Coast Winery Resort and Spa
What We Love
- Location in the heart of the Temecula Valley, with views of the vineyards and Mount Palomar in the distance
- Mix of 72 villas and 50 hotel suites dotted across the resort’s 38 acres
- The grounds include a 17,000 square-foot spa, pool and wine tasting rooms
- Meals at the award-winning Vineyard Rose restaurant, known for its wine pairings and popular brunches
What To Know
- Appointments for GrapeSeed Spa should be booked at least two to three weeks in advance
- Daily wine tours kick off at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. and cost $40 per person (reservations required)
- There’s some car noise from nearby Anza Road
- If you're checking in on Saturdays, you must stay at least two nights
- A $19 resort fee per night will be collected at the Jetsetter checkout
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
An hour north of San Diego in the heart of the up-and-coming Temecula Valley Wine Region, South Coast Winery Resort & Spa is a romantic spa escape in a working winery setting. Spread across 38 acres, the property encompasses 50 hotel suites and 72 standalone villas, a celebrated restaurant, tasting rooms, the GrapeSeed Spa and a lounger-dotted outdoor pool. Guestrooms range from a comfy 490 square feet to an apartment-sized 1,150 square feet, and all have King or Queen beds, faux or gas fireplaces and spacious bathrooms with double granite vanities and standalone or over-tub showers. Rooms overlooking the vineyards have private balconies with breathtaking views. The Tuscan-style Vineyard Rose restaurant is a favorite for hearty brunches, meat-heavy dinners with expert wine pairings, and afternoon drinks on the outdoor terrace. The restaurant also dishes up a special five-course private chef’s table dinner for special occasions (by reservation only). For spa lovers, the award-winning 17,000-square-foot GrapeSeed Spa specializes in vine-based treatments, including the GrapeSeed Renewal body treatment, which uses Himalayan salt and crushed grape seed.
In the Area
The rapidly growing (and increasingly popular) Temecula Wine Country lies on the town’s northeast side, with most of the wineries along Rancho California Road. Among the best are the hilltop Miramonte, sprawling Wilson Creek and eclectic Falkner, known for its edgy architecture and leafy gardens. And if you’re in search of Lady Luck, Pechanga Casino offers 200,000 square feet of gambling and headliner concerts. While you’re there, be sure to make the 10-minute drive down to Old Town Temecula; once a stop on the overland stage coach route, it now houses restaurants, boutiques and artisanal craft shops in many of its Wild West buildings.
How to Get There
Room run down as even the shower drain cover was unattached and almost caused a fall. The drains did not drain. No towels the second day and not mopped as a dead spider was still on the bathroom floor. Woodwork scratched and carpet dirty. Outside unusable due to no trimming. We would not stay here again.
Resort was nice, friendly staff. Spa experience was good, but the front desk staff was horrible! Restaurant staff was efficient and kind, Chicken was a bit dry. Can't say it was a good experience based on check in and out but rest was good.
We needed a quick break and we're able to get away for a couple days. South coast is the perfect spot to spend a short time but really unwind. The villas have great views. You walk out the door into the vineyard. The spa is tops as is the tasting room and restaurant
. You can't go wrong staying here, highly recommend.