Oceana Beach Club Hotel
What We Love
- Close to the Promenade and the Santa Monica Pier
- Alfresco fireplace beside the outdoor heated pool
- C.O Bigelow bath amenities and terrycloth robes
- Plasma TVs, iPod docks and free WiFi
- A personal approach to service, minus the attitude you might expect from a boutique hotel
What To Know
- A $32 service fee plus tax and $4.50 Santa Monica Tourism Marketing District Assessment charge per night will be collected upon checkout by Jetsetter
- Not all Signature One-Bedroom Suites and Ocean View Suites have sofabeds and to get a room with one costs an extra $50 per night
- Popular with families, execs and local couples
- Only a third of the suites offer ocean views
- Homey pastel color scheme might not appeal to everyone
- Room service is available 24 hours a day
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Oceana Beach Club Hotel in Santa Monica (Beach Cities), you’ll be convenient to Santa Monica Place and Santa Monica Pier. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of International Chess Park and Original Muscle Beach.
Make yourself at home in one of the 70 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and plasma televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Bathrooms have designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Take advantage of recreation opportunities including an outdoor pool and a fitness center. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access and concierge services.
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Buffet breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include dry cleaning/laundry services, a 24-hour front desk, and multilingual staff. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference space and meeting rooms.
How to Get There
If your thinking of a relaxing and “Zen” hotel experience for your next travel plan to Santa Monica, think no more....the newly re-designed Hotel Oceana is where you must check-in.
From the minute you pull into the valet curb, the attendants will take your luggage and that’s where your worries end. You will enter an Oasis at the front desk while being poured a chilled glass of bubbly.
Within minutes you will be escorted to the most luxurious and spacious well appointed room, which includes state of the art technology, a huge flat screen tv, and of course the frette linens speak for themselves in both comfort and softness.
The Pool vibe has great energy yet relaxing as well as the indoor restaurant which has a beautiful view of the ocean. The staff at the Oceana are most friendly and always there to make your experience memorable.
Strolling along Ocean Avenue and a short walk away , you will have access to great shopping , biking and endless restaurant choices. My favorite activity is a walk down to the Ocean in the direction of Venice Beach.
Oceana is our “Go To Hotel” in Santa MonIca
He was so attentive, knowledgeable and 100% focused on customer service - almost like a valet/concierge!
The rest of the stay was very disappointing:
- potential code violations (no fan in WC, minimal clearance btwn bed frame & wall, no screen on 3rd story window
- Interior design lacked any soul or depth- generic "LA wanna be chic"
- TV was massive- couldn't swivel w/o hitting the wall, four poster bed pole blocking it
- ONE double bedded room in entire hotel with view of a wall
- No nespresso, coffee makers in room
- had to take internal staircase to 3rd floor due to construction
- Broken entry fountain, floor being polished upon arrival, signs falling off the walls while trying to relax at the pool
- INSANELY overpriced
- parking $50 per night
- Front desk had 0 hospitality service & could hardly check us in or out
- had to wait in line while 2 employees stood there & watched he fumble
- i predict this joke of a hotel will close its doors within a year.
I had a weekend getaway with my boyfriend to this perfect beach hotel! The renovations are impeccable and the service is top notch. It was very quiet and relaxing in the hotel and it almost felt like you were someplace else.
Our room had beautiful decor, all blues and whites, with great artwork to match. The bed was very comfortable, it was like sleeping on a cloud. The Frette linens and towels felt very luxurious and they also have very comfortable robes (always one of my favorite things).
When we walked outside of our room, it overlooked the beautiful pool. The lounge chairs were extremely comfortable and I could have sat in them for hours. They also provided SunBum sunscreen, which was a nice added bonus!
From check-in to check-out the service could not be beat. Freddie, who was there in the evenings would always strike conversation with us and was very attentive and nice. The prosciutto and burrata were a daily order for me and my boyfriend loved the steak!
I would highly, highly recommend this hotel.