Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara
What We Love
- Setting on palm-lined Cabrillo Boulevard
- The happy hour here (5 to 7 p.m.) rocks — cheap house wines, beer and margaritas
- You can walk, bike, peddle a surrey, or ride the electric shuttle to nearby attractions
- Stearns Wharf and State Street shopping (about a mile down the road) are nearby, and the electric shuttle stops right in front of the hotel
- READ MORE: 72 hours on Highway 1
What To Know
- The pool and lobby were renovated in May 2011; the Santa Cruz, Santa Maria and Santa Rosa buildings were renovated in early 2012
- Rooms are spread out in four buildings, so be sure to request accommodations close to the facilities if you have mobility problems
- Dine in; the Hyatt’s Bistro Eleven Eleven serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, and there’s room service, although it's not 24 hours
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
With a stay at Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara in Santa Barbara (East Beach), you’ll be minutes from Santa Barbara Zoo and close to Presidio Santa Barbara. This beach hotel is close to Santa Barbara County Courthouse and Mission Santa Barbara.
Make yourself at home in one of the 176 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and iPod docking stations. Your pillowtop bed comes with down comforters. 37-inch flat-screen televisions with cable programming provide entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Don’t miss out on the many recreational opportunities, including an outdoor pool, a spa tub, and a fitness center. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-in, and express check-out. Planning an event in Santa Barbara? This hotel has 10000 square feet (929 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms.
How to Get There
Great location next to SB Zoo and Stearns Wharf. Front desk and bar staff are great. However, the room itself was like an old motel. Bathroom hardware was dated. No standing shower. Old bath tub won’t drain. The wall was thin. I can hear baby crying at 1 PM. People walking upstairs can be heard too. The totally opposite of Hyatt that I expect.
Overall we had a great weekend in Santa Barbara! Staying at the Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara made the weekend memorable. Our beach view room was stained by the construction going on across the street but nonetheless very majestic site to start your day.
This hotel is located across from the beach. It is close to the local zoo and boardwalk where there is shopping, food and wine tasting. Valet parking available, restaurant and bar on site. Great food and drinks
Was promised a 4 star hotel but it was a terrible experience.
Main problem: They had a scheduled power outage from 11pm to 6am that they didn't notify anyone about. Fire alarms went off at 2am as a result. The worst hotel experience of my life hands down.
Be prepared to sleep in your Grandma's place. poolside bar was closed and so was the on-site restaurant.Front desk staff was awesome! Valet parking is inconvenient. Ocean view can only be seen standing as the chairs are lower then the deck wall.