Hotel Indigo Santa Barbara
What We Love
- Artsy digs near the beach and in a hip part of town
- Contemporary art displayed throughout the hotel from the Santa Barbara Contemporary Arts Forum; instillations change annually, providing a good excuse for a return visit
- Sleep sound knowing the hotel takes environmental responsibility seriously
- Take the train up from L.A. and explore Santa Barbara’s beaches and downtown sans automobile
- The library filled with cool books on world-renowned contemporary artists
- The verdant vertical garden
What To Know
- The hotel opened in February 2012
- Overnight parking costs extra
- Near the Amtrak tracks, and trains chugging by may wake light sleepers
- Rooms are small — 180 square feet TOPS — but chic and efficient
- Sparkling tile European-style bathrooms are well designed, but not for those needing a tub or marble expanses
- Fido is welcome (for a fee)
- No human elevator at this two-story hotel – but there is a luggage lift
- Small business center and fitness room
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
A stay at Hotel Indigo Santa Barbara places you in the heart of Santa Barbara, steps from Reagan Ranch Center and close to Santa Barbara Museum of Art. This hotel is within close proximity of Santa Barbara Zoo.
Make yourself at home in one of the 41 air-conditioned rooms featuring iPod docking stations and LCD televisions. Your room comes with a pillowtop bed. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature rainfall showerheads and designer toiletries.
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a fitness center or take in the view from a rooftop terrace and a garden. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access and concierge services.
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant or in a coffee shop/café. Or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s room service (during limited hours).
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a 24-hour business center, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
How to Get There
Amazing hotel, great staff, friendly housekeeping staff! So clean, small but absolutely functional rooms. No wasted space. Close to downtown, and walking distance to everywhere. What you can’t walk to, you can take the shuttle to. The restaurant next door is wonderful with great bar and wait staff. Will definitely visit again.
Excellent location on South State Street for shops & restaurants. All are within short waling distances. The Mexican restaurant (Santo Mezcal) adjacent to the hotel is amazing.
The only negative aspects of the hotel would be small (real small 150 square feet) rooms, no elevator, and the occasional passing train. Also, I believe the cost for parking your vehicle per night is $30.00.
We stayed one night. It is not on the beach and does not have an ocean view. The location is good however. The place is very artsie and there is a restaurant next door that was packed. WE didn't eat there, but it sure looked good. Our room had a small patio outside the room. The rooms are very very small! The bathroom door was not a solid door but a glass door. You could see images thru it. I didn't like that much and it open at the top and bottom. Crazy :) They had a wine and cheese reception. They have parking, but they charge for it. They take your car off site somewhere. WE asked for ours to be left and they moved it anyway. We think the guy was a racer because our things in our trunk were all over the place, tipped over. We were not very happy about that.
Stayed here with my husband and two dogs for two nights. The hotel is in a charming, walkable area that leads to a pier. All employees were very kind, even the servers next door —they took our meals to our room. I highly recommend for those who travel with their pets.
I stayed at this hotel knowing the rooms were small due to reference from a local friend and co-worker. Yes, the rooms are small but if you want a nice renovated and clean hotel that's walking distance from both, Stearns Warf and downtown with good prices, I would recommend this hotel. The staff was welcoming and helpful and they have many amenities that compensate for the room size such as free bikes, happy hour and free wi-fi. The only downside I found was that they don't have any in room dining facility, even though they have a restaurant right next door that connects with the lobby.