The Park Central San Francisco
What To Know
- Well located within 5-minutes' walking distance of Union Square and the Yerba Buena Gardens
- Get around town by catching the cable car at Market Street-Kearny
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
With a stay at The Park Central San Francisco, you’ll be centrally located in San Francisco, steps from San Francisco Museum of Modern Art and Academy of Art University. This 4-star hotel is close to Lombard Street and Pier 39.
Make yourself at home in one of the 681 air-conditioned rooms featuring iPod docking stations and flat-screen televisions. Your pillowtop bed comes with down comforters. Cable programming provides entertainment, and wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a 24-hour fitness center, or other amenities including wireless Internet access (surcharge) and concierge services. This hotel also features gift shops/newsstands, wedding services, and a television in a common area.
Food & Drink
Enjoy a satisfying meal at a restaurant serving guests of The Park Central San Francisco. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Buffet breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include wired Internet access (surcharge), a 24-hour business center, and limo/town car service. Planning an event in San Francisco? This hotel has facilities measuring 23000 square feet (2137 square meters), including meeting rooms. Limited parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Excellent HVAC, which was exceptionally quiet. Little street noise on 7th floor. Fast elevators. Good buffet breakfast, but spendy at $25 if you are not exceptionally hungry. I would recommend Acme bread at the Ferry Building for those who so inclined. Close to Moscone Center. No in room fridge.
I stayed at the Park Central for 1 night. Upon checking the front lobby staff greeted with smile and gave recommendations of the some restaurants near by. The elevator and lobby has nice hip music.
1. Standard Room: The room is pretty standard even though it was corner room.
2. Healthy Breakfast: As Bonvoy elite members you either get to pick bonus points or breakfast. I ended up picking breakfast and the decision was good; lot of healthy options and even cater to gluten free allergy. The manager was able to accommodate egg-white requests as well.
3. Convenient location: The property is pretty convenient location and close of all the business district and tourist attractions. With a short walking distance you are in Mascone center or union square / cable car depending on need.
1. Destination Fee: This property seems like franchise property so they charge the destination fee which is pretty uncommon and very few properties charge. After speaking at check-out they were able to waive it off since during reservation you have option to book a little higher price room with destination fee waived off. It works better you can pay 25$ extra for room in lieu of destination fee waiver.
2. No Lounge: As Marriott Bonvoy lifetime elite member some days I prefer eating in lounge vs going out. If that is your needs there is no lounge to cater you.
Overall, basic property and just meets the business needs and some of the rooms are better west view than others.
I wasn't happy with my stay. Firstly, I was given a room with a disability bathroom, which makes it tremendously difficult for me in the shower since I'm of average height. I was not informed of this when I checked in, and I only found out once I started showering. Secondly, since my room is attached to another room, the door is very thin and I could hear the guests next door talking until late at night. That again is unacceptable as this is a business trip for me and I specifically requested a quiet room. Thirdly, I requested slippers from housekeeping staff but to no avail. I didn't get a response that slippers are unavailable, the lady on the other end of the line merely stated she'll send someone with it. I gave up after the second try seeing I'm staying for only one night, but then I feel that all guests should feel taken care of regardless how many nights he or she is staying for. Lastly, the emails on their website don't work so there's no way to even get any of this across. I'm hoping I could get my forgotten book sent back to me but I doubt that can be arranged now.
We stayed at the Park Central for 4 nights. Upon checking Jonathan upgraded us to a higher floor with a spectacular view of the bay and downtown. He also gave us drink vouchers for the bar and breakfast vouchers! The room was great. Unfortunately it was adjacent to the elevator shaft. In the morning we spoke to Lydia at the front desk and she moved us to a room far from the elevator and on the other side of the hotel. We had another spectacular view of the south west city! It was very quiet. We really enjoyed the location of the hotel. The staff was very warm and the crowd was hip! We liked the music in the elevator too!
We stayed here as a stopover from Australia back to Canada for three nights.
This hotel was everything we needed. The service, cleanliness, location and room were all excellent. Our corner room on the 34 floor was really nice and quiet with a great view.