JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square
What We Love
- 24-hour butler service to fulfill every need
- Free snacks and soft drinks throughout the day for Club level guests
- Quick and easy access to several forms of public transportation: subway, cable car, ferries
- Oasis of quiet and calm in the middle of San Francisco’s busy downtown
- Light-filled atrium soars from the third-floor lobby to the 21st-floor skylights
What To Know
- The property opened in 2007 as a JW Marriott after a full renovation
- Valet parking is available for an additional $51 per day for cars and $61 per day for SUVs
- Free town-car service takes you anywhere in a three-mile radius, but only from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. on weekdays and 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday; guests are also responsible to getting back to the hotel on their own
- Level Three restaurant faces stiff competition from the city’s famed foodie scene
- Top-floor terrace is small and windswept
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
With a stay at JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square, you’ll be centrally located in San Francisco, steps from Alcove Theater and Marines Memorial Theater. This 4-star hotel is close to Union Square and Lombard Street.
Make yourself at home in one of the 337 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Your room comes with a pillowtop bed. Premium TV channels and video-game consoles are provided for your entertainment, with wired and wireless Internet access available for a surcharge. Bathrooms have designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Enjoy recreation amenities such as a fitness center or take in the view from a terrace. Additional amenities include wireless Internet access (surcharge), a fireplace in the lobby, and tour/ticket assistance.
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available for a fee.
Featured amenities include high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge), a business center, and limo/town car service. Planning an event in San Francisco? This hotel has 13320 square feet (1199 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms.
How to Get There
We travelled as a family with 2 rooms. It is a lovely hotel, well appointed with a beautiful spacey atrium. As tourists, we were expecting fridge space to store our water bottles. In our travels across the world, we had never seen a fridge that had movement sensors on the items for sale. Therefore, moving an item would automatically would see the item charged to our room account. The items outside the fridge (nibbles, chips etc) were also in movement sensor containers. Some of the containers were empty when we arrived and I took photos of this in case we were charged. This didn't happen however.
Staff were professional, however not particularly friendly.
We would stay here again though.
I recently stayed here while in town on business. I had not stayed in this area of the city before. It was quite charming.
-Modern, stylish lobby with relatively swift check-in;
-Security/safety bars over the railings as the hallways are open;
-Comfortable beds, well-appointed bathrooms with a separate shower;
-Located in the theater district-minutes away from shopping, fine dining and playhouses.
-The actual sleeping area is small. It was fine for me as I was by myself. I would imagine that if I was with someone else, it might feel a little more cramped.
-I was on the sixth floor so my view was of the side of another building. I kept my curtains closed.
Visited SF for the first time after 22 years so I wanted to stay somewhere central. The location is great just a minute or two slow stroll from union square etc. Room is nice and spacious and comfortable bed. My only 'complaint' would be that the executive lounge is closed from Fri afternoon and the weekend. As a platinum member we all like our lounge access. So this was annoyed. I wish this is mentioned in the hotel website somewhere. If i had known this earlier, I would have considered staying at other Marriott properties. I was offered extra points in return. Given late check out till 4pm. Didn't think i was given a room upgrade. Other than this, the hotel is great.