Kimpton Hotel Palomar San Diego
What We Love
- The coolest spa in downtown San Diego, Nature’s Spa by Jurlique features treatment rooms with private steamrooms, Jacuzzis and their signature Moroccan Rasul treatment
- The art-themed hotel frequently runs events and specials in conjunction with the San Diego of Contemporary Art and The San Diego Symphony
- Located in the heart of the Gaslamp Quarter, with local eateries, clubs and bars right at the doorstep
- Unusually quiet soundproof windows keeps much of the trolley, traffic and party noise where it belongs: outside
What To Know
- The hotel was renamed the Palomar San Diego in June 2011
- The swank fourth-floor pool deck is popular for weddings and shindigs. Great if you’re invited, not ideal if you’re hoping to enjoy a little urban oasis
- There’s no office desk in the loft rooms, but work can be done on the kitchen table
- You can book the services of a private chef for your flat through the hotel
- The patios currently look a bit bare, but the hotel has outdoor furniture slated for delivery by the end of the year
- The valet’s text-based car retrieval system is super fast and simple to use, but it’ll cost you—parking costs a cool $36 a day
- WiFi costs $10 per day
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Palomar San Diego, a Kimpton Hotel, you’ll be centrally located in San Diego, walking distance from Westfield Horton Plaza and close to Petco Park. This 4.5-star hotel is within close proximity of San Diego Convention Center and Balboa Park.
Make yourself at home in one of the 211 air-conditioned rooms featuring MP3 docking stations and LCD televisions. Your pillowtop bed comes with down comforters and Frette Italian sheets. Digital programming provides entertainment, and wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as an outdoor pool and a 24-hour fitness center. Additional amenities at this Art Deco hotel include wireless Internet access (surcharge), concierge services, and wedding services.
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant, or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s room service (during limited hours). Mingle with other guests at a complimentary reception, held daily. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Featured amenities include high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge), a 24-hour business center, and express check-in. Planning an event in San Diego? This hotel has 21884 square feet (2033 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms.
How to Get There
We love our room at hotel Palomar. We usually stay at the IHG InterContinental’s but it’s not open yet so we stumbled on this Kimpton hotel. Beautiful, spacious room with a small balcony facing the ocean. Cool bathroom with the sliding modern barn door. Nice toiletries but the best thing was getting some contact solution from the front desk late night. They texted us to make sure we had everything. Would definitely come back.
Arrival to the palomar was welcoming and check in was quick
Our room on the 7th floor had great views over the hotels pool and the san deigo city.
Rooms have very comfortable beds and are a good size, bathrooms have walk in rain shower
Each morning the hotel offers complimentary to go coffee and tea in the main lobby and social wine hour in the evenings
The central gaslamp location is handy to get around the city on foot and further afield by local bus and trams.
The on site mexican is a good place to grab a bite with modern take on mexican classics
Check out was painless
Would be back when next in san deigo
Was here for a business trip and, as usual, I always feel so happy at Kimpton. Everyone is so nice and the vibe is always chill and welcoming. The room was nice and spacious and you're right close to shopping and other great bars and restaurants. I had room service, too, and it was prompt and delicious.
Truly, this is a great place to stay and you really get the value for your dollar.
Kimpton Palomar is a must stay property in San Diego! We arrived late night after a super hectic day in traffic. We had a very warm welcome from Eric & Fawz at the front desk. They made sure we had everything we needed for our stay right off the bat! Sam, the bellman, took care of our bags and gave excellent recommendations! Q in housekeeping is a rockstar. He made sure our room was always serviced and spotless! You can really see how much love he puts into the work he does! The pool bar was more than amazing! Sun, food, drinks & a DJ…its the full package. Heather was our server/bartender. She was so friendly & accommodating! You cannot go wrong staying at this property!!! Thank you & we will be back very soon :)
Very spacious room at an affordable price and in a perfect location...close to seaport village, shopping and great bars/restaurants. Would definitely recommend this hotel for both couples and families.