The Westin Pasadena
- Parking On Site
With a stay at The Westin Pasadena in Pasadena, you’ll be in the historical district and minutes from Pasadena Museum of California Art and close to Norton Simon Museum. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Pasadena Convention Center and Pasadena Playhouse.
Make yourself at home in one of the air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators. Your room comes with a pillowtop bed. Cable programming and video-game consoles are provided for your entertainment, with wired and wireless Internet access available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Take advantage of recreational opportunities offered, including an outdoor pool, a spa tub, and a 24-hour fitness center. Additional amenities at this hotel include wireless Internet access (surcharge), concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.
Food & Drink
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar. Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available daily from 6:30 AM to 11 AM for a fee.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and express check-out. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference space and meeting rooms. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
How to Get There
Spent two nights here. Centrally located in Pasadena. Rooms very spacious and clean. Attitude of staff very friendly and good. Found restaurant prices on the high side and the State tax is a killer extra.
We booked a room for a quick little getaway weekend. The hotel is located in the playhouse district, adjacent to City Hall. The whole area is really lovely with beautiful churches and plazas with fountains. Downtown is just a quick drive away. The hotel was clean, the room was cool and relaxing, although our young party neighbors were quite loud. The pool is small, but refreshing, with a small bar in the pool area. I would go back again and will look for Westin Hotels in other locations!
Stayed here for a couple of nights with the family while visiting Universal. Very nice lobby space and well done rooms. Staff was accommodating from start to finish. Wasn’t real fond o $17 for underground parking...but this is LA and real estate is precious... I get it. My main complaint was the fact it didn’t include “in and out” privileges so we were basically stuck on property.
Great fitness room but a tiny little pool area on the 4th floor that won’t impress too many.
This is a beautiful property in an ideal spot for downtown Pasadena, which just needs a slight upgrade in customer-experience thinking to fully justify the premium price (that we paid during a weekend event). Our room was cleverly designed with delightful touches (window seat, 2 closets, storage areas, fridge & coffee maker). The lobby and common areas -- including the courtyard with restaurant seating, fountains, and jacaranda trees in bloom -- were a beautiful oasis. Our experience with individual staffers was top-notch - check-in, valet parking, gift shop, bartenders & servers all warm, friendly, professional and efficient. There are just a few oddities that give a bit of chagrin when you're paying for, and expecting, that "all-your-needs-taken-care-of" luxury hotel experience:
1) The biggest one is that when we returned from the theatre just before midnight on a Friday night, we headed to the bar for a nightcap -- only to find out the bar closed at 11pm. On a Friday? Is that some city ordinance? And on the room service menu, though providing food, it specified that alcohol service ended at 11pm! When you're paying top dollar for a luxury hotel/resort experience, that seems to fall below expectations.
2) I can combine the others into a general category of short-changing the luxury guest experience:
- When we arrived back on a Friday at midnight as above, it seems like there was a skeleton crew. One staffer at the desk was the only soul we saw (besides one valet parker who peeked out from some office after about 5 minutes of us pulling up) -- expected for a motel by the interstate, but not for a pampering luxury property.
- One night at 9:30pm when the bar was full and the drinks were flowing, I found the only men's room "Closed - For cleaning." I and another guy hopped back and forth on one foot until the (very nice) lady finished. But c'mon, management - You can't close the only Men's room when the bar is open. Have it cleaned 90 minutes later at 11pm - after you've shut down the bar.
- When a hotel/resort's Gift Shop is the only venue for guests to get snacks, incidentals, and the like -- you can't close it during the time it's supposed to be open with a clock-sign that says "Back at..." If it's open, it needs to be open.
...So as you can see, fellow members, it's a beautiful hotel in a great location with a wonderful experience -- I just think management needs to step up its game to go from 4 stars to 5.
Recently turned up at this hotel for a 3 day stay. Upon arrival I was informed by the "matter of fact" receptionist that there was no booking under my name.When I questioned this she checked again and then informed me that my booking had been cancelled.
When I then proceeded to show her my upto date booking confirmation on bookings.com she then informed that they had decided to cancel my booking cos they hadn't been able to take full payment(even though it quite clearly stated on my booking that I was to pay upon arrival.
None of the mess up was helped by the terrible attitude of the receptionist.Then when I asked to see the manager she was even worse!!!!
Cock ups I cant understand sometimes these things happen. What I cant forgive is the matter of fact attitude from two members of front line staff who should be trained better.
In the end after they told me there were no rooms left in Pasadena that night I found a motel down the road.
What I will say is the conceiage was great in helping us find the other motel.