The Village Lodge
What We Love
- Proximity to the ski village’s excellent restaurants and L.A.-style nightlife
- Heated pool, three fitness facilities, five hot tubs
- Fast, reliable WiFi and clock radios with iPod/iPhone docks
- Stargazing: Quentin Tarantino, Pink and the cast of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia have all been spotted
- Every unit has a gas fireplace, a private deck, and a fully equipped kitchen
- A media room for watching DVDs on a theaterlike 80-inch flat-screen
- The arcade, with Xbox, PlayStation 3, Wii, Monopoly pinball, Ms. Pac-man and Galaga
What To Know
- A $20 resort fee per night will be collected at the Jetsetter checkout
- Although you can’t ski in or ski out, there is direct gondola access from the village to the Canyon Lodge lifts from November through April
- Some of the noise from the village carries into some condos (you can request quieter accommodations)
- The resort fee covers DVD and videogame rentals, the local shuttle, access to the business center, chain installation and removal and local phone calls
- There’s free transportation to/from the airport
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
In the heart of Mammoth Lakes, The Village Lodge is close to Sierra Star Golf Course and Mammoth Hospital. This ski hotel is within close proximity of Mammoth Lakes Welcome Center and Edison Theater.
Make yourself at home in one of the 205 air-conditioned rooms featuring fireplaces and flat-screen televisions. Your pillowtop bed comes with down comforters, and all rooms are furnished with queen sofa beds. Rooms have private balconies. Kitchens are outfitted with full-sized refrigerators/freezers, stovetops, and microwaves. Cable programming and DVD players are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected.
Enjoy the convenience of ski-in/ski-out access at this hotel, which also features 5 spa tubs. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Guests can get around on the complimentary shuttle, which operates within 5 mi.
Grab a bite to eat at one of the hotel’s many dining establishments, which include 5 restaurants and 2 coffee shops/cafés. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-out, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Planning an event in Mammoth Lakes? This hotel has 3700 square feet (344 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided at no charge.
How to Get There
The staff at the front desk, Travis and Piom G. were very helpful when my flight out to Orange County was cancelled due to high winds. With a little coaxing they put me a 2 bedroom condo when I wasn’t able to stay in the 1 bedroom condo for an additional night at close to the weekend/holiday rate of a 1 bedroom. It was still considerably higher then the weekday Ikon passholder rate. I suggest checking the rooms out carefully before you unpack. Seems like I always encounter a minor maintenance issue (bathroom sink won’t drain, light bulbs burned out, etc.) Most of the time when these issues are reported they are corrected. The location in the village is very nice close to restaurants, the gondola to Canyon Lodge and underground parking is available at no extra charge. There is a courtesy hotel shuttle but it wasn’t available before 1pm. Travis, the front desk manager, took me into town at 10 am which was greatly appreciated.
The village is the optimal location to access the mountain for an amazing day of skiing, but what happens when the mountain is closed? No worries the village has a great fitness facility, three actually. Great shops, restaurants, and entertainment. Very comfortable accommodations, balcony, fireplace, full kitchen. We stayed in a one bedroom, which accommodated three guests very comfortably.
Piom Ghaffari is extremely helpful & kind... Excellent Edition to your Team so good I wanted to share I normally never do but Piom deserves recognition Well Done ... Hotel is a great location and Rooms very good
We stayed at the Village Lodge to celebrate my son's 5th birthday. The place was clean, roomy (we had a 2 bedroom), and we had a kitchen area to make breakfast and lunch every day. The ammenities were perfect for little kids (7, 5, 4) as well. The village is a short walk from Grand Sierra Lodge with shops, restaurants, coffee/cafes, etc. There is a cool sled hill right next to the pool area where my kids would spend the afternoons after skiing. I believe the pool is heated and there is a jacuzzi, but it was way too cold for us to attempt these. Great little getaway place for families! Highly recommend!!
We were probably in this hotel for only 12 hours. Was a stop off between Yosemite and Las Vegas. From what we see, the hotel had lots to do. Staff were friendly. Rooms were big and clean, hotel itself looked lovely. Shame we didn’t stay for longer.