Calamigos Guest Ranch
What We Love
- A cottage in a brand-new, secluded ranch resort in the heart of Malibu - includes breakfast
- The brand-new getaway’s many ways to explore the Malibu
- surroundings, from wine safaris to helicopter rides to horseback riding
- The spa, offering traditional treatments, chiropractic services and more
- The easy access to Malibu’s world-famous beaches and shops
What To Know
- Accommodations are in private cottages nestled in the hills of Malibu
- The sprawling property is set on 120 acres of land
- Opened in summer 2015
If you think you’ll be corralling cattle and feeding livestock at this
ranch, think again. The only area activities that brand-new Calamigos
Guest Ranch offers are slightly more elevated, and guests here come less
to rough it than to glam it up. Your cottage here is set in the hills
of Malibu, where the views are spectacular and there’s tons to do.
Experience first-class excursions, like sunrise yoga, helicopter rides,
wine safaris, whale-watching, surfing and more, all with the guidance of
the hotel concierge team.
You can get quite the sense of the breezy local lifestyle, just sticking
around. Enjoy lawn games, paddleboats and horseback riding as you
explore the 120 acres at your fingertips, dine at two restaurants, or
make a Swedish-massage treatment appointment at WellFit spa. If there’s
something else you want to try, that concierge team’s at your beck and
call – after all, for a true taste of the Big Boo, you’ll need to be
treated like a superstar.
The cottages of Calamigos Guest Ranch combine
beachy chic with modern luxury, featuring stylish wooden furnishings,
luxe fabrics and simple décor. A soft color palette and your choice of a
soft or firm king bed make these accommodations the perfect retreat
after a long day on the beach or exploring Malibu. You’ll even have a
private courtyard and a terrace with breathtaking vistas.You’ll also have maple-finish wood
ceilings and a flat-screen TV. Your bedroom will have a private deck and your bathroom will have a raised marble vanity and rain shower. Premium Private cottages extend the outdoor terrace space, with outdoor
lounge furniture, and have a king bed and sofas. The Signature Single Suite cottages are
especially spacious, at 450 to 500 square feet indoors, and offer an oversized studio-style room, a separate tub, a fireplace and unobstructed
Santa Monica mountain views.Choose the Two Bedroom Suite bungalows for king beds, two full bathrooms, two private indoor terraces, a fireplace and an oversized living space.
Calamigos Guest Ranch has one restaurant up and running, with another due to open in the not too distant future. Malibu
Café is an eclectic outdoor eatery where every meal comes with a side of
paddleboat rides and lawn games. When it opens, the property’s signature steakhouse will serve up classic
American fare, exotic meats and crafted cocktails. Plates from the ranch’s casual menu
can also be delivered to your cottage, if you’d prefer to dine in
WellFit Malibu Spa at Calamigos Ranch
is the perfect retreat after a day of beach-bumming, wine tasting or
hiking the cliffs. Traditional treatments like the Swedish massage combined with unexpected
offerings like chiropractic care ensure your body
will be completely rejuvenated during your stay.
ultimate West Coast paradise, Malibu is world-famous for its many
celebrity residents and its pristine beaches against the majestic
California cliffs. Malibu waves are some of the best-known across the
globe, making this destination a surfer’s dream. But even when you’re
not on the water, there’s plenty to keep you relaxed and entertained in
this luxurious beach town. From its endless shopping and outdoor
activities to helicopter rides, this city is the
perfect destination for those wanting to experience some of the best of
the West Coast.
How to Get There
It’s been only months after the devastating fires in Malibu and the land has burst into blooms surrounding the Calamigos Ranch. Despite sustaining personal losses and its beach club, the generous proprietors of Calamigos Ranch teamed up with entertainment maven and area resident, Jen Vernon, to host a benefit for community members impacted by the fire, which we attended last weekend. The combination of art, nature, live music, delicious gourmet pizzas from two outdoor ovens and the heart and soul of this community make us love this place even more.
Breakfast overlooking one of the pools was exquisite and an afternoon at the Spa was relaxing with top notch massage therapy by Kelsey. Our group of friends did not want to leave the property, even after several days. Nature and human spirit lovers will find a soulful respite with service that is second to none.
This is a great place. Everyone is very helpful and the grounds are kept well. The pools are warm and clean. The breakfast area is very nice and the food is good, the waitress, Jerry, is the best and took very good care of us and our family. My niece had a wedding in the Oak Room, the waterfall background was very nice. The grounds are very large and spread out, but the cabins are quit and private. It seems to be a very environmentally friendly resort, they try to avoid disposable containers, so all the coffee cups and water bottles are glass.
My family and I ended up finding this little piece of heaven while on vacation. Finding the entrance was a bit tricky but with the help of a wonderful guy up front we were able to find it. This place is absolutely beautiful and was the highlight of our trip. Upon arrival my husband and I were given a glass of champagne to unwind as we checked in. The guy at the front desk (I wish we had his name) was very nice and even upgraded our room for free. Once we were settled in our room they called to see if we needed anything. They even sent us a welcome basket with a bottle of wine and milk and cookies for our little one. Our only regret was that we couldn't stay longer! The Hubbards will definitely be back!
1. The property is beautful. Peaceful and there is a lot of attention to detail when it comes to the property itself. The rooms are beautiful, luxurious and well appointed.
2. The staff is very friendly.
3. I had to move rooms twice. The first room the tub did not retain water. The stopper was broken. The second room, like the first, had an overwhelming smoke odor. All of my clothes still smell like smoke. I was too tired to change rooms and just went to bed. I changed rooms the following day. At first we thought it was because it was a fireplace room, but that wasn't the case. It seems to be isolated to the rooms in that area only. Other fireplace rooms had no smoke scent whatsoever. Even the lobby with the burning fire had no odor.
4. I found the valet staff and front desk staff very friendly but the service was low. Example: I asked for almond milk for the coffee in the lobby. The staff member was friendly but never returned. I tried again 2 hours later and it took over 20 minutes for them to return with the almond milk.
5. The property was virtually empty. I saw almost no guests. There was no staff at either pool area. However, I loved it. It was like my own private ranch. However, it's clear that staffing in some areas, not all, was at a minimum given the limited number of guests. I don't blame them. I was fine seeking out staff as needed. They also text you so you can communicate with them at any time.
6. The jets on one side of the hot tub were broken.
7. The manager was delightful and very grateful for the feedback. She comped half of my room because of the tub and the other half after the smoke issue. Even with the challanges I decided to stay an extra night.
8. The food was wonderful. The room service was delivered without a tray to eat it on. Just the plates of food. So if you're going to eat in bed or on the couch it needs to be placed on your lap.
9. The valets were very helpful and kind.
10. I would return because the property is stunning, peaceful and the staff was kind and very helpful. There were some challanges but they corrected them. They just need to pay more attention to a few important details i.e. the smokey rooms and service i.e. room service and delivery on requests. It made no sense given the level of detail of the property, the number of staff on site, the price, the amazing service with the valet, text service and then drop the ball on putting anyone in smokey rooms with tubs that don't drain, hot tubs that don't work and requests that weren't delivered...after an hour. It would have been perfect and I would have extended anyway if not for the challanges I had.
My company, Fit Body Boot Camp, just hosted our annual retreat here and everything about it blew my mind! The grounds were so beautiful and so well kept. The staff made as feel welcome and were constantly on the ball. I’m hoping we come back here next year!