Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection
What We Love
- The setting, situated within San Bernardino National Forest
- The stargazing program led by an astronomer every Friday (spots are limited, so sign up early)
- Activities for every season, from hiking and biking to sledding and skiing
- Pets under 25 pounds are welcome; the pet concierge will provide pup amenities at an additional cost of $20 per pet.
- The weekly fireside chat, held on Lake Arrowhead's private beach.
What To Know
- A $20 resort fee per night will be collected at the Jetsetter checkout
- This is a very pet- and family-friendly hotel, so expect kids and dogs galore!
- The altitude is just over 5,000 feet, so stay hydrated regardless of the season — especially if you came from sea level.
- Most rooms have lake or mountain views, but some look out over a pretty big parking lot.
- There’s WiFi resortwide and it's rolled into the daily resort fee
- The resort is more a rustic mountain getaway than a luxury resort
- The pool will be closed from May 28th to June 21st, 2013 for renovations
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
When you stay at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa, Autograph Collection in Lake Arrowhead, you’ll be on a lake and minutes from Lake Arrowhead Repertory Theatre Company and Lake Arrowhead Village. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Ice Castle International Training Center and Strawberry Peak Fire Lookout.
Make yourself at home in one of the 173 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and LCD televisions. Your pillowtop bed comes with Egyptian cotton sheets, and all rooms are furnished with sofa beds. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You can soak up the sun at the private beach or enjoy other recreational amenities including a health club and an outdoor pool. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and gift shops/newsstands.
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel’s restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Dining is also available at a coffee shop/café, and room service (during limited hours) is provided. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a 24-hour business center, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Planning an event in Lake Arrowhead? This hotel has 12,000 square feet (1115 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms. Free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
My check-in experience was not the greatest. The person checking me in asked if it was my first time at the property. I indicated it was my first time. He told me a little about the fitness room and the pool. I was not told anything else about the property or the surrounding amenities. I did not receive a map of the various activities available.
The room I was given was by the pool. What he failed to tell me was that they play Disney movies from 8pm - 10pm. Traveling with a 6 month old and 2 year old the room placement was not ideal, especially with nap time.
At check out, that's when the experience went from okay to extremely bad. I was waiting to checkout and had patiently waited for 10-15 minutes in line. There were two representatives working the counter. Daniel was helping an elderly woman, and Nicki had taken a couple I was waiting behind. After she serviced them, she took a call (which was fine). However, two other guests approach her desk and she proceeded to service both of them. As she was proceeding to service the 2nd guest, I said excuse me I was waiting to be helped. She proceeded to move ahead with the two women instead of asking them to wait (they literally just got to the desk). Feel free to check security tapes (8/11/19, 10:30-10:45am). Especially as a Marriott Bonvoy member and this being an Expedia VIP property, this is unacceptable from a customer service perspective. To check me out took 10 seconds...
So instead of ending on a strong note, she now made me consider other properties as well as AirBnb the next time my family is in Lake Arrowhead. Save your money, book somewhere else.
Very pleasant staff
However we had a partially blocked sink for 2 days with no response from maintenance.
Room was not made up on our second day with no reason given.
Good food but expensive at the restaurant.
Many teenagers running through the halls.
Many very young children in a discolored jacuzzi.
Room was tired, could use an upgrade.
A beautiful mountain resort with a great lake view. A small beach area to enjoy the water. Conveniently located beside Lake Arrowhead Village where the restaurants, shops and town activities are. A great getaway for people on Southern Cali due to distance. The following could use some improvement though:
1. Their website says 3pm checkin, but when I called in to request early checkin, I was told checkin was 4pm. ??!?. When we arrived at 4pm, our room was ready. We waited and went to the pool area, beach area to kill time. At 5pm, room wasn’t ready yet and we had to go to a party. We were able to pick up our key at 1230am .
2. At checkout, my sisters, who were checking out one day earlier than us, requested a late checkout because we were going for brunch nearby but they said”Definitely not”. After they made us wait for checkin, they could have accommodated us.
Note: I don’t have any complaints about the Front Desk. Their customer service system just need to be improved.