Montage Beverly Hills
What We Love
- Sceney rooftop pool
- A serene 20,000-square-foot spa with 12 treatment rooms, fitness center, yoga studio and salon
- Free use of the resort’s fleet of Mercedes Benz sedans
What To Know
- Make reservations at on-site Scarpetta well in advance
- Valet parking is pricey
- Pets are allowed for an additional fee
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
This luxe sleep in the heart of Beverly Hills’ Golden Triangle exudes vintage Hollywood style while still being awash in modern luxury. All 201 guestrooms and suites are spacious given the tony address, with a sophisticated palate of creams and golds and thoughtful extras like electronic drapes and big marble bathrooms. Rooms look out over Beverly or Canon Drives or the Beverly Canon Gardens from private balconies. Scarpetta is one of the best Italian restaurants in the nation, let alone L.A., and the 20,000-square-foot spa is one of Cali’s best, with treatments ranging from deep tissue massage to post-plastic surgery facials. The sun-splashed rooftop pool is a scene unto itself with private cabanas and farmers’ market fare, signature smoothies and craft cocktails from The Conservatory Grill.
In the Area
There’s more to Beverly Hills than shopping on Rodeo Drive, though of course a walk down the famed street is a must, even if just for window shopping. Stop at Urth Caffe for a casual lunch and a cup of their signature coffee — it’s a locals’ haunt through and through (which in L.A. means celebs included). If you’re looking to get your culture fix in, it’s worth the 20-minute drive to the Getty Museum, which showcases European painting and sculpture as well as Greek and Roman antiquities — while still offering one of the best vistas of the city. Farther afield is the Malibu Golf Club, a William Francis Bell–designed course with gently rolling topography, perfect for a day spent admiring the landscape.
How to Get There
This was my first trip without kids in 5 years. Booked a luxury hotel hoping for an exceptional experience, and was let down. Lots of positives, but overall experience wasn't what I expected from this category hotel.
1. The front driveway is grand and nice because you don't have to offload luggage on the street.
2. Rooms: Decor is dated, however the rooms were clean. Also, lots of outlets for our tech. Bathrooms were hug. I forgot my toiletries, and normally would never use hotel toiletries, but these were actually great. Also, it was cool to have a TV in front of the tub, but the sound & picture were awful.
3. Rooftop cafe: Service was great. The menu was ridiculously expensive. I live in NYC and used to big pricetags. But $7 for a drip coffee, $14 for a juice or $25 for pancakes is excessive.
4. Service: Everyone was nice. However, no one was particularly helpful and in some cases unhelpful. More about that later. They sent a cake up on my bday, which was nice. Buuut, I'd expect nothing less at this caliber hotel.
5. Spa: Gorgeous. I had the Royal Renewal with Mirna. It was wonderful and relaxing. Facilities are beautiful, spacious and relaxing. They sent me home with a full size scrub. REALLY appreciated this.
6. Location: Perfect. Walkable to lots of great shopping and restaurants.
1. Check-in: We booked a Premier Room, which is one level above Executive Room. Only difference in their descriptions was Premiers have view of Beverly & Canyon drives. I confirmed a view with the front desk at check-in. Was told we were booked for 2nd floor but could get a room on the 5th floor, which would have a view. So we waited for over 15 minutes for the room to get ready. Turns out the room was looking into the inner courtyard. The hotel is U-shaped and the room location had a 360 degree view of hotel wall. Felt like a jail. I called down and was eventually offered us a Garden View room, which was still facing a building but at least you could see green when you looked down (the "Garden" is public and just has grass and a fountain). When we arrived in the room exhausted, there were NO pillows on the bed. Had to wait another 15 mins for some pillows. Overall, check in took over an hour. I'm still confused as to why we didn't get an open view as seemed to be promised. I spoke to a manager and he just said there are too many room variations to describe them all online. He took the time to show me a different Premiere Room with promised view, but we weren't going to move the next day. He said he'd "do me a favor" and update my profile for the future.
2. They advertise having a house car that will take you anywhere within 2 miles. We booked the car for dinner reservations an hour in advance. Showed up a few mins early, and were told the car was running late. Turns out it was over 15 mins late so we just took a cab. There was no traffic. How was the car going to be SO late if it wasn't to go more than 2 miles?
3. Restaurants: The food was OK. We book through Amex Platinum's "Fine Hotels & Resorts", and are supposed to get credit to cover full breakfast. Other luxury hotels provide more than enough credit to cover in full. This hotel provided only $65 credit, sounds like a lot, but basically would cover coffee and yogurt for 2.
I debated between this and the Beverly Wilshire, which is Four Seasons. Going forward, I will likely just default to Four Seasons. Its all about the experience and the difference between staff being nice vs being nice AND helpful/going a step above. At this caliber hotel, and at these prices, being nice alone just doesn't cut it.
Shakiba Ali deserves a promotion for her exemplary, fast, and efficient help solving a problem I had. She was fantastic and helping with a last minute problem that ended up saving me time and money. She really made my trip. Five stars for service!!
An anniversary for the ages and moments never to be forgotten. From the arrival to the departure our visit was met the the highest level of service, a luxurious room that can never be matched, and an anniversary surprise designed especially for us by Director Jaclyn Groendyke.
My husband and I stayed at the Montage for our honeymoon when our Airbnb booking fell through at the very last minute. We were scampering through Beverly Hills trying to find a honeymoon-worthy stay and stumbled upon Montage. When the receptionist heard of our unfortunate events he sprung into action booking us a room for the night while we freshened up in the spa (which was stunning!).
Initially we planned on spending a night at the Montage and sorting out Airbnb accommodations thereafter, however, the experience we had was so marvelous that we decided to spend the rest of our 4-night stay at the Montage.
The staff was incredible! They surprised us with chocolates and a dinner at the hotel’s restaurant. By the end of the first day everyone was in on our Airbnb mishap and was going out of their way to help the newlyweds. We felt at home and amongst friends, and regardless of how much you pay for a hotel or a house, that’s an experience that’s hard to come by.
To the hotel staff, we just want to express our deepest gratitude. You saved our vacation and honeymoon, and we couldn’t be happier having stumbled upon your beautiful establishment!
We recently stayed at the Montage 2 nights during December in a spacious room with 2 queen beds and a small balcony overlooking the central courtyard which accommodated my wife and 2 teenage kids quite comfortably. The room was beautiful with luxury appointments and a great mini bar including a complimentary 1/2 bottle of Piper Heidseck- a lovely touch when you first arrive to the hotel to unwind and appreciate the great location. The bathroom was excellent with 2 beautiful handbasins and a separate shower with rainwater and detachable shower heads and a separate bath. The curtains were electronically controlled and all the functions in the room were easily controlled via a central removable ipad. My only small criticism was lack on tea and coffee facilities- something that could be very easily fixed with the addition of a small nespresso machine and pods. Nice being able to wake to an espresso shot or a nice cup of tea without having to wait for room service to deliver it.
We had dinner in the hotel restaurant which was superb and food and service were very impressive. Breakfast also is a worthwhile affair with some nice dishes prepared inclusion given a great Shakshuka! We also had lunch on the rooftop which is a beautiful place to sit in the sun and enjoy the views over Beverley Hills. The hotel itself is situated in the heart of Beverley Hills and its an easy walk to most of the surrounding shops etc. Service throughout the hotel from Front desk, to restaurant staff, room service staff and housekeeping were all faultless, always sincere, and helpful.
To be honest I have now stayed at this hotel on 3 separate occasions with my family over several years and each stay has been fantastic. I’ve never stayed at the any of the other Montage properties but I am looking forward to trying some of them which I have no doubt will likely be equally impressive. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.