L’Horizon Resort & Spa
What We Love
- Formerly The Horizon, L’Horizon reopened after a multi-million dollar refresh by designer Steve Hermann in June 2015
- Guided hikes, bike rentals and a nightly firepit
- Michelin-star chef, and El Bulli alum, Giacomo Pettinari is at the helm of the still-to-be-named restaurant
- Just 25 bungalows on the three-acre grounds, all with private patios and some with outdoor showers
What To Know
- A Hollywood go-to throughout the 1950s and 1960s, Marilyn Monroe, Betty Grable and a host of US Presidents all stayed here
- Designed by William F. Cody, the building is one of the finest examples of mid-century modern architecture in Palm Springs
- Located on East Palm Canyon Drive in hip South Palm Springs
- This retreat is adults only (children 17 and under are not permitted)
- Adults Only
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
In increasingly hip South Palm Springs, L’Horizon occupies a 1952 William F. Cody–designed 1952 building that was once a playground for golden era Hollywood elite (Marilyn Monroe, Betty Grable and several Presidents all stayed) and remains one of the finest intact examples of mid-century modern architecture in Palm Springs. Owner and designer Steve Hermann is behind the multi-million dollar renovation, which honors the details and decor of the original hotel, while updating it for an upscale crowd with a mix of bespoke and upscale vintage furniture. The 25 bungalows are dotted across the three-acre grounds, all with private patios, Frette linens, Dean and Deluca goodies in the minibar and marble baths stocked with posh Le Labo toiletries. The restaurant, too, sets a new standard in Palm Springs, with Michelin-star chef, and El Bulli alum, Giacomo Pettinari in the kitchen and a menu of creative southern European and Californian classics. Ingredients come largely from farms within a 150-mile radius, while the wine list features mostly West Coast wineries. For sybarites, there’s a serene spa, pool and bar, plus a range of fitness activities, including loaner bikes, yoga classes and guided hikes.
In the Area
On the main drag in the up-and-coming hipster neighborhood of South Palm Springs, L’Horizon is walking distance to the city’s fave café, Koffi, the upscale Mr. Lyons steakhouse and the supper club scene at the Purple Room. Too warm by the pool? It’s usually about 30 degrees cooler atop of the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, where hiking (or snowshoeing!) trails beckon. Other outdoor adventures await at Joshua Tree National Park or, closer-in, at Tahquitz Canyon and Indian Canyons. Shoppers, check out design and resort-wear shops on North Palm Canyon Drive in downtown and uptown Palm Springs, a couple miles away.
How to Get There
Highly recommended resort, we had a perfect and comfortable stay. Friendly staff and very beautiful surrounding. The rooms have amazing design and are very comfortable. Also very good food and drinks.
We've been here before in low season and for us this was the best hotel we visited in the WORLD. This time we came back in high season, with of course also prices x 2.
- Never have I felt so welcome and we have David to thank for. By far he is the best out there and for sure the only reason we will keep coming back.
- Proporty is so well maintained, it's unbelievable.
- Food is also great, no comments on that whatsoever
- A lot of new staff were not trained enough and one guy really did not fit the scene. It was a weird ambiance sometimes; Food that was ordered was forgotten, drinks never came, not what you expect when you pay 600 USD a night! Really stressful.
- Almost everyday it was obvious that they were understaffed, which of course is a management problem.
- Food and drinks are very pricy since no breakfast is included in the already very high price.
Nevertheless we will come back in the future, our first time was so good that we'll have to give it a third chance :)
satisfactory stay - very beautiful grounds, exactly like the picture on the internet
The restaurant food was outstanding service good one day and horrible the next
Train your staff better for such an "outstanding hotel"
Great views, friendly and sophisticated staff. They put your name on your room door which is a cool touch. L’horizon is my go to hotel in Palm
Springs . I highly recommend it to picky people . Rooms are decorated elegantly
Service was top notch. Property was top notch. Food and drinks were really good but VERY expensive. Very relaxing property. Would probably stay here again although if it was more expensive than the ritz, I would probably choose them instead. The only other negative was the location. It’s right in Palm Springs and I prefer the Indian Wells/Rancho mirage areas.