The Westin Desert Willow Villas, Palm Desert
- Free WiFi
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
When you stay at The Westin Desert Willow Villas, Palm Desert in Palm Desert, you’ll be next to a golf course and close to Desert Willow Golf Resort and River. This 4-star condominium resort is within close proximity of Classic Club and Sunnylands Center and Gardens.
Make yourself at home in one of the 356 air-conditioned rooms featuring kitchenettes with refrigerators and stovetops. Your pillowtop bed comes with down comforters and Egyptian cotton sheets, and all rooms are furnished with sofa beds. Rooms have private balconies or patios. LCD televisions with cable programming provide entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Dip into one of the 3 outdoor swimming pools or enjoy other recreational amenities including a waterslide and an outdoor tennis court. Additional amenities at this condominium resort include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and supervised childcare/activities.
Food & Drink
Grab a bite to eat at one of the condominium resort’s dining establishments, which include 2 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. Relax with a refreshing drink from a poolside bar or one of the 2 bars/lounges. Breakfast is available for a fee.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-out, and a 24-hour front desk. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
How to Get There
We are big fans of Marriott’s Desert Springs and have been going there for almost 25 years since our kids were very little. Now that Westin Desert Willow is part of Marriott, we decided to give this property a try. It is ‘almost’ across the street from Marriott’s Desert Springs.
By and large this property will now give us additional options. We had a delightful stay. Here are some areas in which we really felt the Westin Desert Willow excelled:
1. I am Lifetime Platinum Elite which gives no real benefits at Marriott’s Desert Springs. At the Westin Desert Willow there was a separate check-in line and I was offered late checkout.
2. The bathrooms are awesome in the units. Modern, large, huge double sinks and large vanity with plenty of room to spread out. Shower with door and soaking tub. And a large quantity of very nice towels.
3. The rooms are clean, updated, full kitchen along with dining room and living room.
4. Buildings have elevators so higher floors are easily accessible.
5. Pools have very nice chaise lounges with nice cushions. Plenty of pools and options.
6. Large fitness room that is well maintained.
7. Great location, close to whatever you want to do.
If you want to compare to Marriott’s Desert Springs here are a few differences, pro and con:
1. The grounds at Marriott’s Desert Springs can’t be beat. Most rooms are along the golf course which makes for nice enjoyment and watching.
2. The master suite villas at Marriott’s Desert Springs are larger. If this is important, it is nice. Not sure it makes a big difference. For families can be nice.
3. The lounge chairs at Marriott’s Desert Springs are plastic and you place a towel over it. Much nicer at Westin Desert Willow where it is a nice cushioned lounge chair.
4. Towels at Marriott’s Desert Springs are thin. And while you can get as many as you want, they start you off with fewer than Westin Desert Willow who has much nicer and thicker towels and start you off with many more.
5. Bedding and mattress at Westin Desert Willow are top notch. I am guessing it is their signature Heavenly® Bed series. Very comfortable pillows and mattress. Marriott’s Desert Springs has much thinner pillows and mattresses that are fine, just not a nice as Westin Desert Willow. But this is personal, so others could feel differently.
6. Marriott’s Desert Springs is a two-story villa. If you are on second story you need to walk up stairs to bring groceries, luggage and more. We enjoy the second-floor units very much, and for those that don’t want the stairs you can request first floor which we did for ages. Westin Desert Willow is elevators in all buildings.
7. Westin Desert Willow is newer property. Marriott’s Desert Springs is doing a big remodel and we have stayed in a newer room and which has some very nice and modern features.
8. Walking paths are limited at Westin Desert Willow and plentiful at Marriott’s Desert Springs.
9. If you stay in ‘Villa 1 section’ units at Marriott’s Desert Springs you have access to JW Marriott Spa and pools Monday – Friday which is a treat.
All in all, both are excellent options. We go to Marriott’s Desert Springs about 6 weeks per year. We will continue to ‘prefer’ Marriott’s Desert Springs but would not hesitate to stay at Westin Desert Willow.
If you are a Westin Owner I prefer this resort over The Mission Hills property.
If you are looking for a good place to stay, with fine views at a fare rate consider the Desert Willow.
The resort provides several well located pools, BBQ's, and several exercise, and fun options. The units are nice, but the walls paper thin, you can hear everything. The AC/heaters are almost impossible to manage, and the Spa tub's break several times per visit. TV's and entertainment options are good, beds are perfect, and the location is 7 minutes from anything you want. I'd rate it 8 out of 10.
Awesome place to stay at ! 10/10 recommend!!! Staff is amazing in the front desk and very helpful. I came upon an issue but Jaime came to my room and assisted me with my jacuzzi and had it working in no time. Very proffesional!
I prepaid for a room through Hotwire. I arrived one day late due to a medical issue. Westin cancelled the entire stay without refund. They then told me they rented the room that I had paid for to someone else. Then, the desk clerk told me that he would refund my money if I booked a new reservation for the rest of my stay. I foolishly did that, and now they refuse to refund my money. So, they charged me twice for my stay. Very, very unethical business. STAY AWAY!
Stayed there early December 2018. Very accommodating employees there both in checkin, restaurant workers and maid service. Hope to go back there soon. One day I got shuttled over to the golf course by a worker, a 10 minute shuttle He was cheery and helpful with all my questions and gave me tips for future visits