Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa in Whistler (Whistler Village), you’ll be minutes from The Range and Whistler Blackcomb Ski Resort. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Whistler Core Climbing and Fitness Centre and Whistler Village Gondola.
Make yourself at home in one of the 287 air-conditioned rooms featuring flat-screen televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages and facials. You’re sure to appreciate the convenience of ski-in/ski-out access at this hotel, which also features a 24-hour health club and an outdoor pool. Additional amenities at this hotel include wireless Internet access (surcharge), concierge services, and ski storage. Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the complimentary area shuttle.
Food & Drink
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant, or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and express check-out. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference space and meeting rooms. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
How to Get There
Stayed here during the summer but this was our first time at the hotel during ski season.
The hotel’s location for the ski hire, and the gondola up the mountains, is perfect. Our 4 year old was in Whistler Kids ski school and is dropped off and collected literally outside the hotel door. Super convenient (and he loved the school, which at $250/ day is great value).
Concierge was very helpful in arranging everything for us (ski passes, equipment etc) months in advance as an early bird. Very smooth on arrival day.
Staff in general were helpful and pleasant.
Handy little laundry area on our floor near the lifts - just one washing machine and one drier (coin operated), which we used frequently after skiing.
They could improve in a few areas:
(1) The daily car parking rate is extortionate. They will say they line price with other hotels in Whistler, but that doesn’t make it right. Total rip off.
(2) We are Lifetime Diamond members...no room upgrade, no water in room, no recognition. We had to actually ask for the complementary breakfast.
(3) The room was basic but fine - the log fire is a nice touch but I found it irritating to have to call down and then wait for the one eco-clean burning log to be sent up each day. If the previous one has been used they should proactively place the new one on the fireplace. Unnecessary hassle.
(4) Breakfast was average. We had the buffet each morning which was fairly limited. They did have additional menu items I believe. The restaurant and bar staff were excellent, and very friendly towards our son. The $29 fixed price 3 course dinner was also very good.
(5) The entrance lobby has a nice fire place and seating area, with Christmas tree, neither of which were ever lit up. This therefore lacked warmth and life compared to other winter lodge style hotels.
(6) I think the gym is poor, and the outdoor pool/ hot tub is really disappointing.
(7) On our last day they started to charge a resort fee.... not sure what this is for, or what season/ dates they charge it for. I have paid resort fees before where there are all manor of activities, kids clubs and facilities. I am not sure how this hotel can justify a ‘resort’ fee as it is a fairly basic hotel.
Overall the location is a real benefit, and the areas of improvement are not show stoppers.
This hotel has the best location in Whister Village. Right near the the ski Gondola's and lifts and many great restaurants close by. The hotel was clean and well looked after. My room didn't have a balcony and kitchenette like described in the advertisement, but the room was very spacious. Also try to get a room with no connecting door.... Or in the middle of the night you will hear your neighbors romance 🥳
Great hotel and very friendly and helpful staff.The room was great, had a great stay for a night with my husband.Also, had a delicious dinner at their restaurant.Definitely recommend and would come back!
We stayed here for a couple nights. They have chocolate cookies by the front desk, so look for them.The room was nice with a fireplace and kitchen. We get a log to burn for each day of our stay and it kept the room toasty. Beds were very comfortable. Room service was really attentive and we called many times for blankets, toothpaste etc. Breakfast was buffet style, and pretty enjoyable.The great thing about the resort is there is sort of inside access to the pedestrian village, you go through a corridor and then pass a shop and escape room business and climb the stairs to the outside. It is very close to the gondola, like around the corner so to speak. Plenty of shops with outdoor gear if you forgot yours, also loads of restaurants and some drug stores. Not much snow at lower levels of the mountain but if you go high enough the higher ski runs are open.
I specifically asked for a room without pets because even the littlest dander triggers my asthma and allergies. I get into my room and within an hour my allergies and asthma was triggered. I concluded that my allergies/ asthma was caused by the A/C and let it be. I couldn’t sleep all night because I was so uncomfortable. In the morning I found out that even though I asked for a no pet room, the room has had animals in it as recent as the week before. I also found out that they apparently “deep clean” each room, but for those with allergies/asthma/respiratory problems, being in a room that housed animals with dander previously can seriously affect ones health. I was then told that since they “deep cleaned” my room, that I should be okay but I definitely wasn’t. I am finding it harder and harder to enjoy time away from my own house because pets are now being allowed everywhere and I am not. I wish companies would cater a few rooms completely dander free to those with allergies/respiratory issues just like restaurants that cater to those with food sensitivities. My mini vacation became a mini nightmare because the Hilton does not have rooms that are 100% animal dander free. I get pets are family, but people with allergies are family too.