Pan Pacific Vancouver
What We Love
- This coastal hotel is literally built on a pier in Vancouver Harbour
- Every room has 180-degree city or ocean views
- Above the convention center and cruise ship terminal, the hotel’s landmark location is a short walk from any downtown hot spot
- The heated outdoor saltwater pool, hot tub and sunbathing deck face Vancouver’s famous mountain backdrop
- Sipping a cocktail at Cascades Lounge while swaying to live music and peering out the window at the buzzing harbor below
What To Know
- Not a designer hotel; the glass-enclosed neutral interior is meant to make the exterior shine
- This seafaring sophisticate caters to the conference and cruise ship crowd
- Steam and sauna facilities are accessible only to guests with an appointment at the hotel’s on-site Spa, Utopia
- Standard, fully-refundable rates include free Wifi
- Valet parking is $39 and self-parking is $35
- Dogs are welcome for $30 per night
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Pan Pacific Vancouver, you’ll be centrally located in Vancouver, steps from Canada Place and Waterfront Centre. This 4.5-star hotel is close to Stanley Park and Granville Island Public Market.
Make yourself at home in one of the 503 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Your room comes with a pillowtop bed. Cable programming along with video-game consoles are provided for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy body treatments and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as a health club, an outdoor pool, and a spa tub. Additional features include wireless Internet access (surcharge), concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel’s restaurant, which serves breakfast, lunch, and brunch. Dining is also available at a coffee shop/café, and 24-hour room service is provided. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge), a business center, and limo/town car service. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference space and meeting rooms. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
How to Get There
This hotel was strictly average-at-best. The rooms were nice but certainly nothing special. They were about the same quality as an average Holiday Inn hotel room with absolutely nothing special about them. One thing that really bothers me is a bathroom / shower without a fan to exhaust the humidity. The hotel staff were not particularly helpful. The parking was outrageously priced at $50 per day if you obtain a parking pass from the hotel staff. It is cheaper if you just pay the ticket at the gate if you are not going in and out frequently. However the hotel has an ideal location and is in a very cool part of Vancouver. It is close to most of the activities and restaurants which makes it a great place to stay short term. You are really paying for the location here and not the hotel or services
I booked a lower rate through hotel tonight and it was a very nice hotel. The pool area is great as is the sails outside bar. The rooms were very nice and the beds are comfy. I would classify the experience as luxe.
Stayed here on 2 occasions once in a club room and once in a large double. Always opt for the harbour view as high as you can get ie above 10th floor
The rooms are very spacious with great comfortable beds. Interestingly according to my wife the club room had no magnifying mirror that the standard room had. I’m reliably told this is essential!!!
Harbour views are seriously good as you watch the sea planes land and take off all day long.
The place is a bit of a barn and nebulous but staff are friendly and helpful. Drinks on the veranda are really pleasant. Breakfast in the club lounge is decent but nothing special.
Jeni in the club lounge was particularly helpful and friendly and interacted very well with all clients.
The cruise ship berths wrap around the hotel so it does get a bit mani when loading and unloading
Overall would recommend for location and price is ok. Definitely not 5 star