Grand Hyatt Rio De Janeiro
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
Located in Rio de Janeiro (Barra da Tijuca), Grand Hyatt Rio De Janeiro is convenient to Bosque da Barra Park and Barra Shopping Center. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of BarraShopping Mall and Citibank Hall Rio de Janeiro.
Make yourself at home in one of the 436 air-conditioned rooms featuring iPod docking stations and minibars. Rooms have private balconies. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary, while DVD players and pay movies are also offered to provide entertainment. Private bathrooms have rainfall showerheads and designer toiletries.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Relax on the private beach or enjoy other recreational amenities such as a health club and an outdoor pool. Additional features at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and supervised childcare/activities.
Food & Drink
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink from a poolside bar or one of the 3 bars/lounges.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-out, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Planning an event in Rio de Janeiro? This hotel has 21530 square feet (2000 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and meeting rooms.
How to Get There
Beautiful view, amazing food, lovely rooms and very special crew.
You can feel like at home! 2 very good restaurants at ground floor and an amazing breakfast area. Good options for Vegans and crew very helpful to support special requirements.
I stayed here several days earlier this year and was happy to return, for the reasons listed in other reviews. Today, however, the only constant has been disappointment:
- Room was smelly and mouldy: reception promised to check for another room and call back. Call back never happened, not even after reminder.
- Luggage was not brought to the room, in spite of promise. Required calling again after an hour.
- EU/US power plug was not brought up to the room, in spite of promise. Required calling again after 2 hours.
- AC repair on my insistent request showed extremely dirty filter (imagine cleaning up under your kids bed after he leaves for college, add moulds and pure dirt). Mess left (including ceiling plaster!) after filter change (by friendly young man, who apologized for the filter condition) still not cleaned up two hours later, inspite of immediate request by technician and two follow-up calls by me.
- wardrobe door does not close, so light remains on. AC technician requested colleague to come. Not happened.
- Very suspect stain on the sofa.
Clearly there is currently something very wrong in the organization and/or chain of command. The very young friendly female supervisor just kept apologizing each time I called, but still no action.
So, you ask, why still a score of three?
- The wellness area remains top
- The Wifi works well
- Good bed and good bathroom
Just NOT worth the money!!!
Nice staying in Rio. Amazing location
High level services. Cleanliness is a must.
Breakfast over expectation. SPA experience at top.
I will come back for my next staying in Rio and I will for sure recommend Grand Hyatt Rio to my colleagues