InterContinental Bora Bora Resort and Thalasso Spa
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
With a stay at InterContinental Bora Bora Resort and Thalasso Spa in Bora Bora (Motu Piti Aau), you’ll be close to Le Meridien Beach and Bora Bora Photo Lagoon. This 5-star resort is within close proximity of Moti Piti Aau Beach and Mt. Hue.
Make yourself at home in one of the 80 air-conditioned rooms featuring MP3 docking stations and LCD televisions. Your pillowtop bed comes with Egyptian cotton sheets, and all rooms are furnished with single sofa beds. Rooms have private furnished balconies or patios. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary, while DVD players and cable programming provide entertainment. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature deep soaking bathtubs and rainfall showerheads.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You can soak up the sun at the private beach or enjoy other recreational amenities including outdoor tennis courts and an outdoor pool. Additional amenities at this resort include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Getting to nearby attractions is a breeze with the area shuttle (surcharge) that operates within 4 km.
Food & Drink
Enjoy a meal at one of the resort’s dining establishments, which include 3 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. From your room, you can also access 24-hour room service. Relax with a refreshing drink at a beach bar, a poolside bar, or one of 2 bars/lounges. Buffet breakfasts are available daily from 6:30 AM to 10:30 AM for a fee.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary wired Internet access, a 24-hour business center, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request).
How to Get There
From pickup at the airport (see below) to drop off a week later, the Thalasso met every expectation, an especially high bar as my wife has wanted to come to Bora Bora since childhood. The staff is exceptionally nice and there is always someone around to help with a problem.
A few tips:
1) You are spending thousands of dollars / pounds / euros to come here, why waste a lot of time on a multi-leg trip to the resort when you can have a quick ride on the hotel and arrive in style just to save a bit of money. Seriously, don't be stupid. You will spend so much here that it won't even register.
2) Having read a lot of chatter about bungalow classes and exact views - don't worry, all of them are very nice. A few have pools on the deck, but who needs a pool when you have the sea.
3) It’s easy to never leave the property, but the other intercontinental is worth a trip for a change of pace and the snorkel cruise with Lagoon Services organized through the hotel was a highlight of our trip.
4) the food is very good and plentiful, but do remember that Bora Bora is thousands of miles / km from anywhere and aside from fish and a few local veggies and fruits, everything else is flown or shipped in. Having said that, the restaurant staffs did a great job at keeping things varied and tasty.
5) stingray feeding at 2 pm every day is fun way to interact with friendly rays.
So, relax and book a bungalow and switch off the phone for a while. If I could go back today, I would!
Had a great time in the overwater bungalow. The water was a great depth to stand in in the lagoon under our hut and very clear. The resort beach was not as nice (check the photos) so we spent our time in our bungalow. After check out, we were able to enjoy the resort pool and then use a small room before departing. This room has a shower and small seating area which was so handy to have when you have a night flight. The food was average and service at the restaurants was slow. But overall a great stay.
What can I say, one of the best hotel experiences. Our over the wate bungalow was spacious, comfortable, private it has its own deck with two lounges and a small table with two chairs, and best of all direct access to the most lovely water for taking a dip to cool off.
The bed is positioned in front of these window so you can wake up to the view, be a little careful if you are on the side where the boats arrive and depart, the bathroom is emended there is a large double bath, double sink large shower and separate WC
Depending on your bungalow it is a bit if a hike to the hotels facilities but this helps to work off some of the calories when dining at the choice of resteraunt, we more often went for the smaller one with the a la cart menu
Service was friendly, attentive but not overly so, all staff said hello as they passed on their golf carts and if you do not fancy the walk back to your bunker low they will Russel up a cart to take you
We did not try the spa as the proces were outrageous (probably no more than comparable establishments) but with so much else to do to relax who needs a spa
Food is expensive but we took half board and given the level of the accommodation and food we felt we had paid a more than fair price and better than some of the oth alternatives which did not appear to be as big, lavish
We would thoroughly recommend it