Old Town Square Hotel
What We Love
- Bathrooms with Philippe Starck components
- Historic, recently renovated building
- Most rooms overlook the goings-on in Old Town Square
- Free WiFi
What To Know
- On-site restaurant and café can be pricey
- Parking garage is a few blocks away
- Double Rooms do not have views of the square
- No elevator in the three-story hotel
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
A stay at Old Town Square Hotel places you in the heart of Prague, steps from Astronomical Clock and Old Town Square. This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Old Town Hall Tower and St. Nicholas Church at the Old Town Square.
Make yourself at home in one of the 10 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and espresso makers. Complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include laptop-compatible safes and complimentary newspapers, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Treat yourself with massages, body treatments, and facials. Additional features at this Art Deco hotel include babysitting/childcare, shopping on site, and wedding services.
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. A complimentary hot/cold buffet breakfast is included.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, limo/town car service, and express check-in. A train station pick-up service is provided at no charge.
How to Get There
I rarely had such a poor experience with terrible management practices, harassing me with emails and text messages constantly, turning a simple renting into a bureaucratic nightmare and a talent to make the simplest things utterly complicated. I’m not even sure in which category this place falls, Airbnb, hostel, appartement renting, although they pretend to behave like a hotel. Despite an overload of (mostly unhelpful) information, they did not disclose the place was in the same building as a low class noisy night club....Worse, the appartement was poorly maintained, stinky and under equipped.
The staff looks ok though and it’s clearly a management and personality problem on the side of the owner or manager.
1) Bedroom = medium big , just high cealing so it looked bigger . It was a DOUBLE BED , so WHY do you split the cover in 2 separate parts ?! The bed COVER of a double bed should be ONE DUVET only for two. What's the point of having 2 SEPARATE covers ? It was very uncomfortable because we often weren't covered properly.
2) bathroom = it's better to build a SHOWER! Bath is not practical. The bath wasn't built well . The step in front of the bath was so high that we struggled to get in. If you are tired ,you could injure yourself. + the shower HEAD was was built right in the MIDDLE FRONT of the wall in a very low position , who is the ARCHITECT?! it was unpleasant to bend down to try get water on my head or hold it in my hand. When you have a shower you want the shower head to be high and on the SIDE of the shower so you are comfortable. + there was a very short glass cover on the shower and all water was falling out. People who travel like PRACTICAL SHOWERS not old baths.
3) BREAKFAST = 0% presentation + FORGOT a cheese platter the FIRST DAY. please.... this is a luxury hotel !it's not a 3 STAR!! Dont bring me a BASKET of small breads with small half smashed DRY small pastries . I EXPECT and demand FRESHLY BAKED pastries ,BIG , placed nicely on a plate . + MIlk and juices in 3 glasses ?!??!?! What ?!??! I want to see A JAR OF MILK,A JAR OF JUIICES , AND A JAR OF FRESH WATER. this is what a LUXURY hotel does. And the CHESE PLATTER .... you brought a SMALL PLATE with 4 slices . I EXPECT TO SEE A LARGE PLATE WITH : CAMEMBERT + GOAT CHEESE + FRUIT CHEESE+ BLUE CHEESE . WITH GRAPES ON THE SIDE . This is a CHEESE PLATTER .
4) ENTRANCE OF THE HOTEL : I had to go through the restaurant , Ring the bell and then WALK some stairs . Why ?! I want to enter in a Hotel, walk to reception and then take the elevator And BE HELPED WITH BAGS.
If I wanted to book a cheap 3 star hotel I would have accepted it. I dont know about Prague girls but WE ITALIAN GIRLS LIKE TO EAT and be TREATED . So improve your hotel .
Located right in the center of Old town, right by the Astronomical clock, close walk to many tourist attractions. Note, difficult access to the room, no elevator, many stairs to take, walk through the restaurant to get in, walk through the square from any car drop off. Breakfast is served in a room, not bad, but the same menu everyday, and standard choices. Room service was fine, but nothing extra. Although the square is busy, noise didn’t keep us from sleeping. Fantastic view from the window, spacious room, small bathroom.