Boscolo Prague, Autograph Collection
What We Love
- Daily breakfast and access to the spa are included in the Jetsetter rate
- Neoclassical decor, with opulent rooms, some with fresh flowers
- ?The indoor swimming pool, with its blue mosaic floor
- Two on-site restaurants and a spa
What To Know
- ?Superior Rooms are approximately 301 square feet and may feel small?
- There’s free WiFi only in the lobby; it’s an extra $25 per day in the guestrooms?
- The nearest train station is a third of a mile away; Namesti Republiky is the closest Metro bus stop?
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
With an exquisite neoclassical façade dating from the 19th century, Boscolo Prague (once the Czech Mortgage Bank) is the height of opulence: think sweeping staircases with wrought iron balustrades, soaring frescoed ceilings and original brass chandeliers. The lobby has towering marble columns, potted palms, period furnishings and plenty of ornamental touches, reminding guests that this is very much Old World Prague.
Bed and Bath
The 152 rooms are seriously romantic with single roses draped over beds, oversize tubs in the marble bathrooms, and fresh-cut flowers and candles (not that you would expect any less from a hotel conceived by four Venetian brothers). Even if romance isn’t on your agenda, all rooms seduce guests with walls dressed in silk, gilded mirrors, and drapes made from heavy damask. Some rooms are on the small side (Superior Rooms are approximately 301 square feet), but the tall headboards and high ceilings, and the color scheme of muted reds and golds make them feel much more spacious.
The public areas are just as lavish, from the dark wood–paneled late night Cigar Bar (which serves tumblers of cognac and brandy) to the two on-site restaurants. La Cucina is decorated with red leather panels and black-and-white photos of old-school Prague nightlife, and the upscale Inn Ox Lounge serves a range of cocktails and features live piano music on most nights. The spa houses an indoor swimming pool with a striking blue mosaic floor and a Turkish bath and sauna. There’s a variety of treatments on offer, from full-body massages to spiritual rejuvenation.
How to Get There
This hotel has almost everything - a beautiful pool / jacuzzi area, restaurant, and rooms larger and better appointed than most European hotels. The concierge is most helpful (and our plane kept getting delayed coming in so we were constantly updating our arrival time), the check in and check out service is professional and smooth. The rooms are exceptionally quiet, clean, and beautifully maintained. I loved the old building, the history to it. It is not directly in the center of the tourist areas, but an easy walk to any of them, including the National Museum. We were leaving by train, and the train station is a five minute walk across a park. We are definitely staying here again.
I was in Carlo IV for a business strip. Stopped in the bar for a quick drink and Darina was the best server I’ve ever had in a hotel bar. Very customer focused. Darina and Jana, the concierge, were really amazing on how to deal with the customer and make a great customer experience. Really recommended the hotel as an overall experience.
I choose this hotel because of my status with Marriott and it’s great location. It was my first experience at an Autograph collection property. It was fabulous. Lots of character, excellence, charm, and fabulous customer service. We weren’t happy with the location of our first room and when we called reception, the manager came and personally took us to two other rooms to choose from. The concierges were very helpful in planning our activities. The lobby is just gorgeous, and smells nice. In the evenings there is a live pianist. But the pool is just amazing. All day I looked forward to soaking in the jacuzzi section and go into the beautiful steam room. Then I showered downstairs and relaxed in the comfy lounge chairs drinking water with lemon. Just loved it! There was someone constantly cleaning the area. The hotel was a five minute walk to old turn snd a $16 uber ride from the airport. The only thing that was a little disappointing were the quality of the towels and the mattress. They didn’t have that luxury feel. The robes and slippers are nice. Dining areas are beautiful but we didn’t eat here.
Stay in here two nights, it should be 5***** but my opinion different.
All the staff was great and professional but hotel was old and little worn out. Room and bathroom were very small and basic.
Really nice bar and restaurant 10points
Beautiful spa sauna steamroom and big pool. You can't put water on the sauna Stowe ???
Location is ok...not right middle of the old town but very near, easy to walk. Little pricey for what you get.
I'm a very frequent traveler (Marriott Platinum Titanium level) so I've stayed at lots of Marriott properties over the years. Overall there are some great things and some not so great things.
- The lobby and building itself were very impressive. The rooms a bit on the small side, but still very nice.
- Concierge staff was great
- Location is really nice. Easy to get to the hotel from the airport and good walking distance to lots of sites throughout the city
- Housekeeping was super nice, but kept forgetting to restock soaps/shampoos, water, etc.
- No pool. This was a huge issue from my perspective. When we arrived we were told it was closed for the next few days due to some maintenance issues and would re-open our second to the last day. While it did re-open the water was ice cold as it had just re-opened so we never go to use the pool which was a huge disappointment. Was offered a discount on spa services while the pool was closed, but wasn't anything I was remotely interested in.