The Bodrum EDITION
What We Love
- Direct access to the Aegean Sea from the property’s private beach
- Skylights in most guest rooms
- Custom-made Le Labo toiletries
- The hotel hosts a rotating door of DJs almost daily at its bijou disco club, Discetto
What To Know
- A fleet of golf buggies shuttle guests around the property’s cliffs
- Suites are equipped with kitchens and private plunge pools
- The generous Turkish breakfast spread here is served until 6 p.m.
- Reserving one of the poolside cabanas in advance is highly recommended
- The hotel loans kayaks, stand-up paddle boards, and water jet packs
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
- Room Service
Elegant Turkish Riviera refuge with an ever-buzzing beach club and a private beach on the Aegean Sea
Much of hotelier Ian Schrager’s cosmopolitan EDITION brand (which launched in 2014) is about designing an elegant seesaw that balances unique local flair with high-flying global standards. Its ethereal Bodrum outpost—a hilly expanse laden with olive trees and local stones—achieves all this and more. International cameos come in the form of the hotel’s Peruvian chef Diego Munoz, an accomplished El Bulli alum who immersed himself in Turkish culinary traditions before working his magic at Brava, a beachside eatery that blends Latin American techniques with Middle Eastern flavors. Gargantuan planters and patios dress up each of the otherwise understated 102 rooms, with sand-inspired color palettes and refreshing ocean views. The Presidential Villa however, is anything but subtle, stretched across three floors with a quartet of full marble bathrooms including a hammam. It’s worth setting aside an afternoon for the property’s spa, a black tea-scented dream with next-level pampering in the form of gold lifting facials and ancient Ottoman body treatments.
In the Area
Turkey’s turquoise coast is now more accessible than ever thanks to freshly added international flight routes (the hotel is a 45-minute drive from Bodrum airport). The sophisticated seaside town draws millions with its white-plastered streets, medieval castle, and dynamic Yalikavak Marina. You’ll be grateful for this swish bayside getaway, perched near a more residential pocket of the port city. Relaxation plays the starring role here, so take complete advantage of the private beach—an on-property deck features ladders leading right into the sea. If you’re craving souvenirs, duck into ’74 Escape, an oceanfront pop-up boutique where you can pick up fashions by up-and-coming local designers.