NH Brussels Stéphanie
What We Love
- A contemporary hotel just outside Brussels' medieval city center, with breakfast and moreStaying in a central location and being able to walk to many of the city's must-sees
- Starting each day off with a delicious breakfast at the hotel
- Receiving a welcome drink and a box of chocolates, on the house
- Getting your fill of exquisite Belgian beer and fries – the country's specialties
What To Know
- The Louise metro station is just around the corner so you can easily hop around town
- There are a handful of worthwhile bars and restaurants within the immediate neighborhood
- Free WiFi is pretty slow, but you can pay for upgraded service if you really need it
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
NH Brussels Stéphanie is centrally located in Bareel van Sint-Gillis, walking distance from Law Courts of Brussels and close to Porte de Hal Museum. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Egmont Palace and Place du Petit Sablon.
Make yourself at home in one of the 67 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Your room comes with a Select Comfort bed. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Bathrooms have bathtubs or showers and hair dryers.
Spa, Wellness & Premium Amenities
Make use of convenient amenities such as complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and a television in a common area.
Food & Drink
Take advantage of the hotel’s room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary newspapers in the lobby, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk. Limited parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
The hotel is excellent location close to main road and in quiet street. It is close to restaurants and all the major view points by walk distance.
The hotel staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. They even gave me map and explained major locations and tips for other cities by train.
Room is good size, good shower and good bed. Very clean.
The hotel provides free water for drinking at lobby anytime with candy snack. Nice touch.
Hotel was nice enough to give me shave kit when I asked for- free of charge- really nice of them.
A+ overall. Would stay again for sure.
The staff is key to this hotel, they're all nice and helpful and make you feel like in an extended family. Rooms are clean, beds comfortable, the breakfast is decent and they have a good range of beer at the downstairs bar. But, I repeat, the staff is the main asset.
Nice hotel, clean and convenient and situated in a very quiet location. Staff are friendly but can be a bit more proactive.
Good WiFi and bed are comfortable with complete bathroom amenities. Felt safe whilst stayed here.
This hotel is nice. It takes 25 minutes to walk to the center of Brussels. The rooms are nice and clean and the breakfast is good. There is no restaurant at the hotel (except for breakfast). The staff is service minded
It wasnt my first stay in this property, and I usually pick it whenever going to Brussels.
After this trip I am more disappointed than anything else.
Dont get me wrong, the hotel is nicely located, the breakfast is simple yet functional (which is what I am looking for) and staff is most of the times nice (just nice).
Being myself a former hotel manager i sometimes look at things differently and some things shocked me during this trip:
- The front office staff (with one or two exceptions) was incapable of assisting with anything at all in regards to information on surroundings (Galleries, restaurants, Pharmacy).
- The staff had meetings in the client areas talking loudly and even on one instance having a review of a staff member that became almost agressive and this right in front of clients who understood everything that was being said.
- Staff arrving for the morning shift and strolling through the breakfast room (while clients were there) and helping themselves to coffee.
- Staff using the guests elevators without thinking about giving priority to their guests
I know this all may seem picky, but when you chose to work in the service industry, well, you should pay attention to the service you're providing.