What We Love
- A dazzling five-star Brussels hotel, with breakfast and a dining discount includedThe splendid reception hall, which makes you feel as though you've stepped straight onto a movie set
- The complimentary breakfast and dining discount that are included with your stay
- The Historic Hotels Worldwide member's unparalleled location, right in the beating heart of Brussels
- Mixing with the glitterati and feasting on high-end brasserie fare in the grand Art Nouveau Cafe Metropole
What To Know
- The hotel has hosted royalty, American presidents, film stars and directors, including Ted Kennedy, Placido Domingo, Isabelle Adjani and Bernardo Bertolucci
- Guestrooms feel very spacious
- Original details like the historic cage elevator
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
Dripping with palatial grandeur and opulence, five-star Hotel Metropole offers a Brussels stay in true style. A member of Historic Hotels Worldwide, it has a history dating back over a hundred years. The work of renowned French architect Alban Chamban, it displays a heady mix of styles, from the French Renaissance main entrance to amazing Empire-style reception hall – all gleaming teak, Namibian marble, gilded bronze and forged iron. Pillars, columns and stained-glass windows add to the general splendor.
Elsewhere you’ll find an Indian-inspired lounge, glitterati hangout Bar Le 31 (with Belle Epoque lamps and colorful frescoes) and legendary Art Nouveau Cafe Metropole, with a bronze nymph fountain and listed interiors. Guest rooms are no less impressive and have welcomed an illustrious parade of royalty, American presidents, film stars and directors over the years, including Ted Kennedy, Placido Domingo, Isabelle Adjani and Bernardo Bertolucci. With all the main city attractions right on your doorstep, there is little more you could wish from your grand Brussels address.
Recently renovated in striking designer fashion, some with specially commissioned furniture from renowned interior design company Cartisane Decor Cy, Privilege rooms cover a generous 323 square feet. Bold patterned wallpaper, rich tapestries and plush carpets create an opulent feel.
Art Nouveau masterpiece Cafe Metropole, overlooking the vibrant Place de Brouckere, is owned by the hotel and is great for people-watching. Expect high-end brasserie cuisine and a fine selection of craft beers. Complimentary breakfast is served in the airy, light-filled Indian lounge.
Hotel Metropole sits on a bustling road in the beating heart of Brussels, opposite De Brouckere tram stop. It’s a short walk to the Cathedral of St. Michael and St. Gudula and 10 minutes from the Mannekin Pis fountain. The cafe-lined Rue de Bouchere is close by, while Bourse and Munt theatres are within easy walking distance.
How to Get There
The wifi doesn’t work. The furniture is old and worn out. Room service apparently got interrupted half way through - glasses not replaced, duster left in bathroom. Food quality is below train station fast food!
Highly recommend for short trip travellers to be in city centre with a royal experience.
Acoustic was little poor & we heard noises outside at night while at sleep.
Noting more it’s great to be at the metropole!!!
We had a very pleasant stay in this beautiful hotel, it feels like going back in time or being in a Wes Anderson movie. The room was clean and warm (which was perfect since outside it was freezing cold) and the bed was very comfortable. The service is impeccable - what you would expect from such a hotel.