Hotel des Galeries
- Free WiFi
With a stay at Hotel des Galeries, you’ll be centrally located in Brussels, steps from Jeanneke Pis and Galeries Royales Saint-Hubert. This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Royal Theatre Toone and The King’s House.
Make yourself at home in one of the 23 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring iPod docking stations and espresso makers. 32-inch LED televisions with satellite programming provide entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature deep soaking bathtubs and rainfall showerheads. Conveniences include laptop-compatible safes and desks, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Food & Drink
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel’s restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Buffet breakfasts are available daily from 7 AM to 10:30 AM for a fee.
Business & Travel Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary wired Internet access, a 24-hour front desk, and multilingual staff.
How to Get There
The hotel room was very nicely furnished and the bathroom was lovely and big, it's just a shame the shower cubicle flooded the room every time we used it.
The room and hotel had exposed floorboards so it was very noisy every time people walked down the hall and we could hear noise from other rooms.
Maybe we were just unlucky that there were roadworks directly outside the hotel when we visited, but being woken up by ear piercing drilling at 7am awful! When we first arrived at the hotel we thought we had taken the wrong turning as the roadworks were blocking the path and diverting away from the hotel. When we got inside the reception desk was unmanned and there was no bell or way to call staff. When someone did arrive there was no apology and no mention of the roadworks.
All in all not a relaxing or peaceful stay!
On another note, we were offered the hotel breakfast for €19 each which we didn't have, but I'm glad we didn't because the hotel is so ideally located right in the city centre there are countless amounts of cafes and bakeries (and a Starbucks for those who like to stick to what they know) and even a few supermarkets with fresh coffee and bakery products. It would be a shame not to try some of the local cafes, especially when they cost a quarter of the price.
Hotel des Galeries is a true gem. A unique boutique hotel, with beautiful and minimalist decor and plenty of character everywhere, from the lobby to the rooms. I have stayed three times in this hotel and every one has been memorable in its way. This last one, however, was special. I realized that the hotel is not just next to des Galeries. Some rooms are indeed, inside the Galleries. From the window you can see people strolling inside the Galleries, you can almost touch the glass cover, and from room 34, even the clock and the two sculptures that guard it.
We stayed here for 3 nights and overall it's a good hotel with some things to consider:
The Good Stuff
- Location, location, location - it is literally located in the center of the city so exploring Brussels can't get any better. Right next to a shopping mall, city center, and historical sights in Brussels.
- Lots (and we mean LOTS) of restaurants, waffle joints, and chocolate shops around (especially chocolate shops - literally 50+ within 5-10 minute walk).
- Staff was very nice, service was excellent, and check-in/out process was super easy
- Room was spacious and great bathrooms
Things to Consider
- This is a small hotel - around 20 or 22 rooms total, so you don't get some of the amenities of larger chain hotels like gym, etc.
- The 2 rooms that we stayed in (King room and Duplex) do NOT have air conditioning - the staff provided us with fans, however, I would most likely not stay in this hotel during warm summer days as it would get very hot.
- The mattress was a bit stiff, but nothing too bad so we still got good sleep.
- We checked out the breakfast (which was 19 euro/pp), but felt it was a bit high for what was offered. So would recommend getting breakfast somewhere else
A lovely property with lovely people. The rooms were clean and comfortable and surprisingly roomy. Loved the in-room expresso machine so much I ordered one off Amazon fo myself! Traveled with a friend so we did the twin room which gave us both plenty of space. The restaurant is a lovey place to relax with a Latte or glass of wine. Would 100% stay again.
We loved the location, the design, the view in the gallery. Already the second time we have been in this lovely hotel and everything has been great. The host service and the restaurant , we felt like home. The personal has been really friendly. Highly recommended!