What We Love
- A playfully designed Saint-Josse hotel, with a spacious room and breakfast includedThe hand-painted murals in each guest room, all inspired by the word "bloom"
- The state-of-the-art fitness center on the eighth floor, with great views of the skyline
- Making your own waffles in the funky VW camper parked in the restaurant
What To Know
- Conveniently located near the Botanique metro station and only a 10 to 15-minute ride into the city center
- WiFi can be slow and tricky to connect to
- Some rooms have views of the neighboring botanical garden
Go for something out of the ordinary with a stay at Hotel BLOOM! Aptly positioned next to Brussels’ beautiful botanical gardens, this shiny, modern hotel keeps things fresh and funky, with no two rooms being alike. Each of the 287 accommodations at this TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence winner proudly sports a hand-painted mural by an up-and-coming young artist – and appropriately for the location, they were all inspired by the word “bloom.”
Elsewhere in the hotel, there’s a hip bar-cum-lounge-cum-restaurant with innovative design areas – think industrial edge meets a contemporary-art-gallery vibe. Here, you can enjoy full buffet breakfasts, tasty lunches, gourmet dinners and well-mixed cocktails. Up on the eighth floor, you can make use of a well-equipped gym and work out while taking in the great city views – which might just be a good idea, afterindulging in a homemade Belgian waffle (or two or three) from the hotel’s very own in-house waffle van.
Your XL room is spacious and individually designed, with its own unique hand-painted mural. Large windows offer a great view, and there are two plush seats, a sleek workspace and a comfortable office chair.
Smoods restaurant, combining “living room, kitchen and music,” has seven different areas to suit your mood, from Passion and Safari to Bling-Bling or Flower Power. Fresh, healthy fare is the order of the day here, from Caesar salads and vegetarian wok dishes to salmon steaks. The breakfast buffet offers a wide variety of hot and cold options, and the icing on the cake is the waffle truck parked in the middle of the restaurant, where you can make your own authentic Belgian waffles.
The hotel is located beside Brussels’ inner ring road and adjacent to the beautiful botanical gardens. From here, it’s a 20-minute walk to the city center and the Grand Place. While you’re here, check out the Stripmuseum of comic-book art, only a 10-minute walk away. The closest metro station, Botanique, is also just a few minutes away, so you won’t have any problems getting where you need to go.
How to Get There
Modern hotel next to the Botanical Gardens (c 15-20 m walk from Grand Place) . Room was spacious and modern and staff at reception friendly and welcoming but two big buts from my perspective:
1. bathroom very tired and old fashioned with a poorly functioning shower head over an old bath and out of keeping with the rest of the room (mine was also dirty with long hairs in the bath)...
2. one of the slowest wifi connections I've ever had at a hotel (like going back to the 90s) which made working slightly challenging as I needed to download a couple of large files....
We have chosen this hotel for our holiday in Brussels because of it's location. It is really very close to historical centre and also to Shopping Centre. We had two huge connecting rooms with large LCD TV's with King size bed and two separate beds. Rooms were very clean and nice. We had also koffie machine with koffie and thee, it was also handful... The staff of the hotel is very helpful. The buffet and food was also very good. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in Brussels. We left it very much satisfied and our holiday was very nice.
Overall great hotel with friendly staff. Stayed at a suite duplex which was not a good idea in hindsight as we had a 3 yr old and a 18 month old that kept trying to climb up and down the stairs.
Carpets in the room could use replacement or change to different kind of flooring.
Overall very satisfied.