What We Love
- A playfully designed Saint-Josse hotel, with a spacious room and breakfast includedThe hand-painted murals in each guest room, all inspired by the word "bloom"
- The state-of-the-art fitness center on the eighth floor, with great views of the skyline
- Making your own waffles in the funky VW camper parked in the restaurant
What To Know
- Conveniently located near the Botanique metro station and only a 10 to 15-minute ride into the city center
- WiFi can be slow and tricky to connect to
- Some rooms have views of the neighboring botanical garden
Go for something out of the ordinary with a stay at Hotel BLOOM! Aptly positioned next to Brussels’ beautiful botanical gardens, this shiny, modern hotel keeps things fresh and funky, with no two rooms being alike. Each of the 287 accommodations at this TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence winner proudly sports a hand-painted mural by an up-and-coming young artist – and appropriately for the location, they were all inspired by the word “bloom.”
Elsewhere in the hotel, there’s a hip bar-cum-lounge-cum-restaurant with innovative design areas – think industrial edge meets a contemporary-art-gallery vibe. Here, you can enjoy full buffet breakfasts, tasty lunches, gourmet dinners and well-mixed cocktails. Up on the eighth floor, you can make use of a well-equipped gym and work out while taking in the great city views – which might just be a good idea, afterindulging in a homemade Belgian waffle (or two or three) from the hotel’s very own in-house waffle van.
Your XL room is spacious and individually designed, with its own unique hand-painted mural. Large windows offer a great view, and there are two plush seats, a sleek workspace and a comfortable office chair.
Smoods restaurant, combining “living room, kitchen and music,” has seven different areas to suit your mood, from Passion and Safari to Bling-Bling or Flower Power. Fresh, healthy fare is the order of the day here, from Caesar salads and vegetarian wok dishes to salmon steaks. The breakfast buffet offers a wide variety of hot and cold options, and the icing on the cake is the waffle truck parked in the middle of the restaurant, where you can make your own authentic Belgian waffles.
The hotel is located beside Brussels’ inner ring road and adjacent to the beautiful botanical gardens. From here, it’s a 20-minute walk to the city center and the Grand Place. While you’re here, check out the Stripmuseum of comic-book art, only a 10-minute walk away. The closest metro station, Botanique, is also just a few minutes away, so you won’t have any problems getting where you need to go.