Barefoot Cay Resort
What We Love
- The resort’s pontoon boats cross between the cay and the Roatán shore regularly
- Each Loft has views of the cay and the Caribbean Sea
- All meals are made to order at the on-site restaurant
- There’s a great snorkeling spot just a short swim away
- On-site dive shops below the Lofts
- Guest-only exclusivity ensures no crowds
- Barefoot Cay is a 10-minute drive from Roatán’s airport
What To Know
- The Lofts are on the Roatán side of the small channel that divides the island from Barefoot Cay
- Food, drinks, dive equipment, gratuities and some activities are extra
- The on-site restaurant is your only dining option, unless you go to Roatán town
- The resort sprays for no-seeums, but bring bug spray
- All visitors entering Honduras from the U.S. or Canada must have a passport expiration date at least six months after departure date
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Barefoot Cay Resort in Roatan (Brick Bay), you’ll be close to Mahogany Beach and Marbella Beach. This 4-star resort is within the vicinity of Arch’s Iguana and Marine Park and Blue Harbor Tropical Arboretum.
Make yourself at home in one of the 11 air-conditioned rooms featuring LCD televisions. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include safes and desks, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You can soak up the sun at the private beach or enjoy other recreational amenities, which include an outdoor pool. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.
Enjoy a satisfying meal at a restaurant serving guests of Barefoot Cay Resort. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a library. A roundtrip airport shuttle is complimentary (available on request).
How to Get There
We fully enjoyed our week long stay. It was very private and more so because we were in the off season. Laid back and lazy time, totally unique. Wonderful first class facilities and staff, the swimming pool was perfect. . A great restaurant and bar. My wife prefers more people around but I enjoyed it the solitude immensely. Can’t recommend it enough for those wishing to kick back, relax and enjoy. We didn’t dive or snorkel so we didn’t take advantage of their main attraction.
One of the best places in the world to be, for diving , relaxation and food! Great views of the ocean, beautiful Bangalows, restaurant, and staff .
Diving operation is top notch, so much beauty underwater and all around. Feel very private and diving team is very attentive and helpful. Great place for a romantic getaway!
This resort is centrally located on the island so you're somewhat removed from the tourist feel of West Bay/West End. The lodging is not room based, but rather bungalows that allow for a private, individual experience where the staff offer a focused, personal touch. I can't recommend this place enough and am looking forward to a return visit.