Barefoot Cay Resort
What We Love
- The resort’s pontoon boats cross between the cay and the Roatán shore regularly
- Each Loft has views of the cay and the Caribbean Sea
- All meals are made to order at the on-site restaurant
- There’s a great snorkeling spot just a short swim away
- On-site dive shops below the Lofts
- Guest-only exclusivity ensures no crowds
- Barefoot Cay is a 10-minute drive from Roatán’s airport
What To Know
- The Lofts are on the Roatán side of the small channel that divides the island from Barefoot Cay
- Food, drinks, dive equipment, gratuities and some activities are extra
- The on-site restaurant is your only dining option, unless you go to Roatán town
- The resort sprays for no-seeums, but bring bug spray
- All visitors entering Honduras from the U.S. or Canada must have a passport expiration date at least six months after departure date
- Free WiFi
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Barefoot Cay Resort in Roatan (Brick Bay), you’ll be close to Mahogany Beach and Marbella Beach. This 4-star resort is within the vicinity of Arch’s Iguana and Marine Park and Blue Harbor Tropical Arboretum.
Make yourself at home in one of the 11 air-conditioned rooms featuring LCD televisions. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include safes and desks, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You can soak up the sun at the private beach or enjoy other recreational amenities, which include an outdoor pool. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.
Enjoy a satisfying meal at a restaurant serving guests of Barefoot Cay Resort. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a library. A roundtrip airport shuttle is complimentary (available on request).
How to Get There
This resort is centrally located on the island so you're somewhat removed from the tourist feel of West Bay/West End. The lodging is not room based, but rather bungalows that allow for a private, individual experience where the staff offer a focused, personal touch. I can't recommend this place enough and am looking forward to a return visit.
Ww love Barefoot Cay! As always the staff takes care of our requests and makes us feel like part of their family. The pool is awesome and with the cover some people in our group who have had skin problems can enjoy a pool again. We will be going back again next year.
Had a fantastic vacation. Loved the private-island feel! Accommodations were wonderful in our 2-BR/2-BA Villa. Very comfy beds, and I loved having a full kitchen for preparing meals, as I really prefer to have this option when traveling. The pool area is lovely and well-kept.
Roatan has some of the best diving in both the Caribbean and arguably, the world, and Barefoot Divers schedules 3 daily boat dives, which feels just right. So many resorts pack their boats full of divers—rest assured, you will not experience the “cattle boat” here! Dives were typically 3-6 people, and the one day that I was the only diver going out, they still did the trip! They are very attentive and handle rinsing and loading your gear for you, and storing it when not in use, in an assigned cubby for your dive gear next to the boat.
When we wanted to do some exploring, they gladly arranged great drivers for us for reasonable amounts.
All around, having been on dozens of dive trips in many places, I can say with confidence that this is a great place for a dive vacation.