Hotel Edouard VII
What We Love
- A beautiful historic hotel near the beach in the centre of elegant surfer's paradise, BiarritzBeing close to the beach as well as all the city's best cultural attractions
- Enjoying a delicious breakfast on the hotel's terrace on warm days
- The elegant décor of this refined residence, with plenty of character throughout
What To Know
- The hotel is within walking distance of the promenade, beach and center of Biarritz
- Free WiFi sometimes has trouble reaching guestrooms on the top floor
- There is no lift – something to consider if you'll be packing a lot
Hotel Edouard VII is as proud of its excellent location as it is its history. Sitting in a prime position near the museums, restaurants and sandy coastline of Biarritz – know around the world as a prime surfing destination in southern France – this true gem of a hotel is perfect for travellers who like their breaks with a touch of culture alongside a heavy dose of heavenly sunshine.
The hotel is set in an elegant and authentically preserved 19th-century building, which was not only the home of the a former Mayor of Biarritz, but also the destination for Napoleon III when he required medical treatments during his visits to the Basque coast. Much like the French emperor, you can also hope to feel rejuvenated after a stay at the hotel, which is praised by former guests for its friendly staff, peaceful atmosphere and elegant décor. The hotel’s fantastic location is also noted in the hotel’s many reviews on TripAdvisor, where it has unsurprisingly earned a Certificate of Excellence.
How to Get There
Relaxed, peaceful hotel in leafy neighbourhood within easy walking distance of all amenities but away from the tourist area. High ceilings, comfortable airy rooms with everything you need. Lovely breakfast, conservatory and lounge area with view of garden.
We stayed here for two weeks. The room was very comfortable. The staff are helpful and friendly. They serve a delicious buffet breakfast. For those visiting Biarritz, we would definitely recommend Hotel Edouard VII.
The hotel is really charming in a residential area and just five minutes walk to the excellent fresh food market and where all the restaurants are. And then the ocean is just a further 5 minutes from there. The hotel is beautiful inside. Really old and tastefully decorated. Our room was large with high ceiling and lovely big windows. It was a little noisy as there is quite a lot of through traffic. Front desk staff were a tad nonchalant. However, breakfast was great and total experience was really nice! Would definitely stay again!