Hotel Villa D’Est
What We Love
- A lovely boutique hotel in France's stunning city of Strasbourg, with breakfast and moreAdmiring Strasbourg's enchanting architecture and quaint streets
- Starting each day with a delicious breakfast at the hotel
- Grabbing a drink at the hotel bar and unwinding after a day of sightseeing
What To Know
- Rooms are spacious and decorated in typical French style
- Guestrooms have WiFi and satellite TV
- The hotel has limited onsite parking but metered parking is available in the neighborhood
How to Get There
We booked two bedrooms for exactly the same price for us (couple) and for our befriended couple ... but the difference between the rooms booked was huge, espacially the space (difference of several square meters) and the furniture (one room had armchairs and a table, the other none). At our insisting request, we were proposed another room that was more or less the same than the room of our friends. - At our checkout though, we were requested another 30€ per night, as we apparently upgraded to a superior room ... which we could finally avoid, thanks to the very kind lady at the reception.
This solved, there were still other problems:
- although the tiled floor of our bathroom was really freezy (and I mean that!), there was no possibility to get slippers ... in a "Best Western Plus" Hotel!
- our bathroom wasn't properly cleaned as there was still water left on the sides of the bathtub
- the bathtub had no shower curtain or equal, so imagine the mess on the floor
- although a massage service is provided upon request (reservation requested "at the most two hours prematurely wished" as says the Guest Directory, french text had the same wording), we were told they could only book a massage session for two days(!) later, as it is provided by an external service.
- sauna had to requested at least half an our before, because it has to be started ... the Directory says it's at disposal 24/24
- for the breakfast:
* deepfreezed bread was still cold inside, because not long enough in the oven ... the waitress in charge just grumbled something and disappeared
* one day there was quark cheese, the other day not, although there were still cereals proposed (so only possible to eat them with milk or nothing at all)
* no fresh fruits
* when eggs were gone, there was no replacement
Only good point: except for the one waitress in service on Sunday, all of the staff was very kind and tried hard to manage these complaints.
There's finally no reason to stay there anytime again.
Overall a really pleasant hotel with good staff and reasonably well located. parking can be difficult. On arrival, we changed room by upgrading to get a larger bathroom (pretty good) and a much bigger room. You may want to do the same.
There is an intimate bar and a small outdoor area. Quite pleasant for a "sundowner".
A few negatives - very limited parking except within a very tight (scary) underground car park several hundred meters away - and at 15 Euro I consider it expensive. The hotel's stairs are very tight and steep, so get the lift. The lift is small so expect a couple of trips if you have luggage.
A taxi ride back from the cathedral (worth seeing) was 6 euro. A nice 15 minute walk there. The negatives mentioned are rather minor and would not stop us from staying here again.
Small(ish) hotel at 10 minutes walking distance from the city centre. Room was on the small side but fine for a short stay. Bathroom was modern. Room and bathroom were both clean, comfortable bed. Wifi was good. Breakfast was fine, with just enough choice.
Usual friendly welcome in this nice hotel close to main railway station and max 15 mins walk from downtown.
great contineantal breakfast.
Small rooms, but clean and warm even in this cold winter.
this time I tried also the fitness center: small as well, but equipped with a sauna and all the other tools needed to keep you in good shape
Overall a nice hotel, decent size pleasantly decorated room with a comfortable bed and good en-suite facilities..
All the staff are very pleasant and helpful.
Very good breakfast buffet ,just a little on the expensive side.
Secure parking available at a reasonable rate and only 5 mins walk from hotel.
Bar prices are higher than expected so drink in the local bars and restaurants.