What We Love
- A four-star boutique hotel in the picturesque Alsatian capital, with breakfast includedTaking a quick breather in the hushed sauna of the hotel
- Soaking in the culture and heritage of Strasbourg as you admire the city's medieval buildings
- The delicious spread of local foods in the hotel's breakfast room every morning
What To Know
- Located within walking distance of the Strasbourg Christmas Market, Strasbourg Cathedral, and National Rhine Opera
- Onsite private parking is available for a fee
- Free WiFi works well
The picturesque Alsatian capital of Strasbourg is a little bit medieval and a little bit modern. Within this UNESCO World Heritage Site, you’ll find an intriguing mix of cobblestone paths and crooked houses, as well as a thriving metropolitan society. In the heart of it all, just minutes away from the historic heart of the city, sits Hotel D.
The exterior of the boutique hotel fits into the historical architecture of the city, but inside, the interiors are designer-chic, a mix of bold colors and sleek charm. As the contemporary interior suggests, modern-day comforts abound here. You’ll enjoy complimentary access to the in-house, 24-hour gym, sauna and spa, while rooms are equipped with plenty of gadgets to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
How to Get There
We wanted to be in a quiet location and this was perfect - just on the other side of the main island, so everything was very close by. It also made parking / being dropped off / collected a lot easier. The rooms on the top floor / under the roof are very small, but the shower rooms are a decent size and the shower is great. Not sure why there was only one bottle of water for two people? All in all a nice hotel but I'm glad we didn't pay the full price...
We were nine people and stayed in four different rooms, which were nicely furnished and very clean. The main problem was with the bathrooms, particularly with the badly designed shower stalls. The water flooded the whole bathroom floor every time someone went under the shower. Two of the rooms did not have enough closet space. For the price we paid, we expected better amenities.
I was particularly impressed with the attention to detail in the hotels, little things like noise deadening doorstops, a secondary door separating the bathroom from the bedroom (even in a small room), and s fantastic shower.