What We Love
- American buffet breakfast is included in the rate
- Nibbling on Mediterranean-inspired snacks in the trendy, candlelit ninth-floor Air Lounge while soaking up sunset views of the Acropolis
- Flaking out by the shaded pool with a cocktail after a hard day’s sightseeing
- Lazing over very fresh fruit salad, hot croissants and other goodies at breakfast
- Walking or hailing a cab to reach most of the city’s main sights in five or 10 minutes
- Rubbing shoulders with the city’s beautiful people in the ground-floor Orange bar
- READ MORE: A vacation guide to the Greek Islands
What To Know
- Up-and-coming but not quite there yet, Psiri oozes exotic atmosphere in streets packed with Arab bazaars and bizarre boutiques, but it’s best not to stray late at night
- Fans of peace and quiet should book upper-floor rooms away from the lively street scene, especially on weekends
- Dress code is trendy-casual, so leave the twinset and pearls at home
- Kids are well seen to with free cribs, a special children’s menu and babysitters by arrangement
- The pool is open year-round, but isn't heated. It's normally warm enough to swim from late March to October
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking On Site
With a stay at Fresh Hotel, you’ll be centrally located in Athens, steps from Athens Central Market and Kotzia Square. This 4-star hotel is close to Ancient Agora and Roman Agora.
Make yourself at home in one of the 133 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and plasma televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with bathtubs or showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and blackout drapes/curtains.
Take advantage of recreational opportunities offered, including a sauna, a fitness center, and a seasonal outdoor pool. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare, and wedding services.
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant, or stay in and take advantage of the hotel’s room service (during limited hours). Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar. For your convenience, a complimentary breakfast is served daily.
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and express check-in. Planning an event in Athens? This hotel has facilities measuring 1615 square feet (150 square meters), including meeting rooms. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
How to Get There
We had a long weekend and enjoyed the hotel and the staff. Excellent breakfast, very nice rooms, and the staff amazing and solves any problem with pleasantness and smile, and full guidance on the area.
Every time we arrived at the hotel there was a staff member outside who greeted us with a smile and also a staff member at the front desk inside.
Our every request was quickly answered.
We were initially a little unsure whether to book the Fresh hotel due to the reviews which mention the area being pretty undesirable. We are so glad we did! Of course some of the streets surrounding the hotel are very run down and there are a few people hanging around that we were a little unsure of as well a huge amount of graffiti but other than that we were extremely pleased with the location and access by foot to some lovely bars & tavernas as well all the main sights, we didn't need to use public transport once while out and about, we walked everywhere. Check-in was excellent and we were upgraded to a lovely suite with great space and private balcony. There is a lovely, although small and pretty cold swimming pool and deck area which can get pretty busy, however we always managed to find sun beds. A Lovely bar & restaurant area with lovely views especially for sunsets! Service was always friendly and helpful and the hotel is bright and clean. There is a small gym which was great to have although would be better if it opened earlier. Breakfast which was included, was plentiful and fresh although again this could get very busy at times. Overall we were so pleased with our choice of The Fresh Hotel and wouldn't hesitate to return or recommend for a trip to Athens.
The hotel was well managed, and we really appreciated the breakfast bag at 4.15 am when we checked out. It was clean and comfortable, but the low beds are a bit of a challenge for people with mobility problems. Also North Americans really need a bit more space. In fairness our tour operator said this was a standard room, I don’t know why that happened as I had asked for deluxe rooms in all our other locations.
In any event, it was fine, we liked the fact that it was centrally located. We were able to stroll in the central market, that was fine. I would certainly stay here again but try to get a larger room.
Also, this hotel has a reasonable rooftop dining area. The food is ok but the view at night is phenomenal.