Ana Mandara Hue
What We Love
- Hue’s original luxury resort - includes breakfast, 60-minute spa treatment and a beach villa optionThe beach villas, decked out with a four-poster bed, indoor-outdoor bathroom and unique hill-tribe textiles
- A spot of culture in Hue city and - a little further afield - painterly Hoi An
- Opting for a soothing herbal soak and mud bath in La Cochinchina Spa
What To Know
- The resort is set on three acres and overlooks a 1,500-foot beach
- There are three restaurants to choose from
- It's a 15-minute drive into the city on the free shuttle bus
There’s much to recommend the imperial city of Hue on the temperate central coast. With its temples, tombs, pagodas and palaces, the former capital is postcard Vietnam. Ana Mandara sits a little way out of town (about 20 minutes by resort shuttle) offering easy access to the sights, but from an altogether more serene location – the white sands of Thuan An beach.
The first smart resort to open in the area in 2010, Ana Mandara offers sweet isolation on a shoreline that’s seldom crowded. Embrace the quietness with a few hours in the heavenly spa – accessed past reflection ponds – and practise your backstroke with abandon in Hue’s largest swimming pool. There are two restaurants to add the facilities, both of which focus on pan-Asian cuisine and a well-curated wine list. Enjoy low-key evenings overlooking the South China Sea before retiring to your tastefully appointed guest room – or even better, a honeymoon-worthy villa on the beachfront.
How to Get There
The hotel is absolutely beautiful and the staff are lovely and friendly. If you want to relax this is the perfect hotel for you. The capital of Hue is about 30 minutes away and the hotel provides a shuttle bus service. However there is nothing to do in the surrounding area to the hotel and after a while it can become boring.
This place had one of the nicest rooms I've ever stayed in, king size bed, claw foot bath tub and beautiful Vietnamese style. Great pool, wonderful service, lovely staff. Would definitely stay there again or recommend to friends.
We stayed 2 nights at Ana Mandara during our vacation in Hue. We wish we could have booked longer but unfortunately we had to continue. I thought of taking my parents and children here next time. At the time we arrived the hotel, we got excellent service from a receptionist named (Ngan??? Van Anh or Thanh???? I can't remember her name, sorry) Anyway she was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was beautiful, its mixture of classic and modern was just perfect, therefore Ana Mandara was my favorite hotel during our trip to the middle Vietnam. Dinner was delicious, you should try their cocktails, something with passion fruit (I forgot the name as we ate and drank too many nice things) The best of breakfast was fresh passion fruits which I have never had before. The only thing which could be improved, was the selection of bread and rolls. Service staffs were attentive, friendly and helpful.
* Location is lovely. It's physically a nice place. Lovely pool area on the beach. Lots of promise really.
* Great looking reception area and welcome
* Lovely pool area with towels provided
* The first night we arrived we went for a walk along the
* Not a very helpful or responsive reception.
* Ordered breakfast of crepes and was given an omelette. Also the pastries were stale and hard as if yesterday's ones so not fresh.
* Room although looks nice there are no plugs to charge your phone and no where to sit other than on the bed. There is a little seating bench outside but doesn't work for 2 people easily.
* The cleaning isn't great. The food which they brought to our room wasn't cleaned away by housekeeping the following day and had to call reception to get removed. They also didn't replace the glasses in the room just turned them back upside down in place as if clean but they were used and sticky.
* The door is opened with a key. Thus is the only lock on the door. There is no other way of stopping anyone getting into the room. Not good security really.
* There were 2 magazines left in the room. Lovely, except they were from Spring 2016.
Hue is about a 20 minute drive away. They offer a shuttle bus but you get dropped at a random location that isn't in the town or near the citadel and without any indication of where you are.
Just returned from an 8 day stay at the Ana mandala. Enjoyed it so much. If you are looking for a chill holiday in lovely surroundings with the most welcoming of staff this is the place for you.
We stayed In the premier room on the first floor with a lovely see view. Rooms are large with a huge central bed so comfy you won,t want to get out of it. Beautifully clean with patio doors onto a large private terrace with daybed and ceiling fan. Flat screen tv with good choice of channels including latest films from fox. Plenty of storage space, safe, hairdryer. Large bathroom with free standing bath and large separate shower cubicle , lovely toiletries replenished daily. Tea and coffee facilities in the room, water provided and chargeable mini bar.
Good sized swimming pool with plenty of sun beds with shades. We spent our time on the beach which was mostly deserted and we swam in the sea daily, there is a lifeguard always on duty. You can walk quite far out in the sea and we found it very safe.
Breakfast had a wide selection and we ate at the hotel every night, food was very good and we thought reasonably priced. Wine and drinks prices were as you would expect in a 5 star resort but there is happy hour 2 for 1 from 5 to 7 every day.
Just to the right and along the beach are cheap local seafood restaurants. It I can,t comment on these as we did,not take the risk.
Hue is easily accessible via the hotel free shuttle bus which runs several times a day or the local taxis for approx £6. Don,t miss a visit to the citadel and imperial palace stunning.
WhAt really makes this resort special is the staff, nothing is too much trouble . Our special thanks go to mao who’s service in the restaurant was outstanding, I am celiac And she ensured I was not being glutened and even ensured I had gluten free bread at every meal, and to Quac an excellent barman and ever helpful. I cannot fault any of the
staff for their attitude and service.
All in all a great stay and we would return in a heartbeat.
My only comment to the management would be that the beach could be improved with a regular litter pick up.