Alma Oasis Long Hai
What We Love
- A breezy, Santorini-inspired beach retreat with a focus on wellness – includes spa perks and moreThe complimentary, daily 90-minute Spa Journey inclusive with the stay
- Luxuriating at the breezy pool area while admiring the gorgeous Santorini-inspired decor of the resort
- The panoramic views of the sea from the hillside resort
What To Know
- Located about 2.5 hours southeast of Ho Chi Minh City
- The closest airport is Tan Son Nhat International
- Free WiFi
This enchanting beach resort on a quiet hilltop, surrounded by lush greenery with panoramic views of the sea, will revive your spirit. The compound itself gleams with a Santorini-inspired blue and white palette, the soothing theme bringing a sense of romance. It is an idyllic beach resort, promising lazy afternoons and breezy evenings with stunning views.
It’s no surprise that the resort has stellar reviews on TripAdvisor and a Certificate of Excellence in the bag. With a focus on spa and wellness, it’s hard to imagine leaving the resort without a smile on your face. It also helps that guests are given the option of a complimentary 90-minute spa journey for every day of their stay. It begins with a relaxing session of Tai Chi (a low impact, slow exercise that encourages calm and peace), followed by an aromatic sauna session and a 50-minute massage of your choice. If that is too overwhelming, you could simply enjoy the carefree nature of the resort and explore the beauty of its natural surroundings.
The resort also offers a range of day tours that range from street food tours, bicycle tours or a trip to the Binh Chau Hot Springs. Definitely worth checking out during your trip, they’ll immerse you in the country’s vibrant culture.
How to Get There
Not a place for a family holiday or a relaxing one at that , no aircon in the restaurant , room costs are 4 star but the resort is max 2.5 star , not amenities if you have any disabilities , no service at the pool bar after 4pm or before 10am
After booked a Garden Studio for my family with 2 adults and 2 kids, I heard that this resort was changed ownership and I worried a little bit about the quality, they have change logo, some staffs, chef, but everything is fine, nothing worse, and we enjoyed it, staffs are helpful, food is good, we have just stayed here last nights and we'll be back :)
For my 25th wedding anniversary my husband decided to surpise me with a trip to the Anoasis Resort. Having never really travelled much outside of Europe I must be honest in saying I was not sure what to expect.
As soon as we arrived though all my fears and trepidations dissappeared. We were warmly greated even though we arrived at 2am after a long flight, and were quickly shown to our accomodation. The room was well-aired and bright and you could see the cleaning staff really took pride in their work.
After a good night's sleep we really got to enjoy our break away from the drab and dreary UK. Being a fussy eater I was once again a little worried that I would have problems finding something to eat. Once again I was wrong, the buffet serving a wide variety of food that was freshly cooked and to a very high standard.
Our anniversary break in Vietnam was perfect in every way. I loved indulding in the spa treatments and sauna, and found all the staff onsite to be extremely friendly and helpful. The nearby beach was also very clean, and the sands were simply spectacular.
I would definitely return, and am planning to make the next trip with our grandchildren, as the resort appeared to cater perfectly for children too.
1. General Opinion: we have paid around 200 USD per night for a standard room and not during high season. I was extremely disappointed and the value received does not match the price at all. Also the photos online versus the reality is extremely different (the facility is very old). I would rate the hotel at 3 stars but you pay almost 5 stars.
2. Management and Hotel name has changed just recently: first thing you realise when arriving the hotel is that the name is not Alma Oasis anymore. We were quite confused and couldn’t find the resort first because of that. Then we were told at the reception that the owner has changed as well as the entire management. So all the positive reviews you are seeing here on Agoda are not applicable anymore.
3. Mess at arrival already: We arrived at around 2:30pm. When checked in they have made the first mistake already. Only 1 room was reserved while I had 2 rooms confirmed by Agoda. I had to wait for almost an hour to get our rooms sorted out before we could check in.
4. Restaurant and food: very basic and the food is super below average for that price. But what is worse is the temperature in the restaurant. It’s super hot inside. The ACs inside were not really performing and they added fans next to some tables. If you are lucky you can catch one, if not you gonna sweat and feel uncomfortably hot.
5. Location: It’s quite remote and you are actually forced to eat in the resort if you don’t have a car or driver.
6. Service in general: They have tried hard (they are friendly though) to get to a premium level but the staff is poorly trained and know really nothing about proper hospitality (they are supposed to be 4 stars but not sure if they even meet 3 stars). Also don’t expect an international standard as they hardly speak English (except the front desk and the guy at the bar).
7. The peak of disappointment: During our stay there was a company that had used the resort as team building venue. On our second night they have hosted an outdoor gala dinner with a stage and extremely loud music. The music of that event was so extremely loud that you felt the bass in our room as you were in a techno club and that lasted until 9:30pm. The management has not informed us in advance about such an event and we had our 16 months baby with us who sleeps normally at 8pm. You can imagine how pissed off we were.
8. No compensation: We have asked for compensation because we were super unhappy with all that as you can imagine but we did not have success.
Check if they have company event first before you book. Paying a few hundreds dollar a night but suffered all night noise of their VN style disco music, games and laugh by mice from 6 to 9:30pm.... complained a few times but nothing change. Even inside the room you can hear. Sooooo loud! Ruined our weekend with kids and grandparents.