The Fortress Resort & Spa
What We Love
- Daily breakfast is included in the Jetsetter rate
- An upgrade to the next room type up is included for stays of four nights or longer (allocated at check in)
- The special ayurvedic treatments at the on-site spa
- Fortress Rooms have private courtyards or balconies; Beach Rooms have Jacuzzis
- Turn-down service includes handmade macaroons and a cinnamon-infused oil lamp
- Direct beach access
- Take advantage of private dining: You can be served alfresco by a private butler anywhere on the resort grounds
What To Know
- Better for adults, although families are welcome
- Two full-service restaurants on-site, which is good; the area around the resort is sparse
- Although some attractions are within walking distance, you’ll mostly need a car to get around
- The hotel is more than 100 miles from Sri Lanka’s only international airport; transfers are about $170 per car, each way
- Free WiFi
- Handicap Accessible
- Kids Club
- Parking On Site
With a stay at The Fortress Resort & Spa in Koggala (Galle District), you’ll be minutes from Martin Wickramsinghe Folk Museum. This 5-star hotel is within the vicinity of Handunugoda Tea Museum and Mihiripenna Beach.
Make yourself at home in one of the 53 individually furnished guestrooms, featuring minibars (stocked with some free items) and LCD televisions. Rooms have private balconies or patios. Satellite programming and DVD players are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature rainfall showerheads and designer toiletries.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You can take advantage of recreational amenities such as an outdoor pool and a 24-hour fitness center. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).
Grab a bite at one of the hotel’s 3 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar. A complimentary buffet breakfast is served daily.
Featured amenities include a business center, dry cleaning/laundry services, and luggage storage. Free valet parking is available onsite.
How to Get There
Around 100 of us visited this hotel over the weekend for our annual trip. The resort has 50+ rooms. Rooms are very spacious and designed nicely. Hotel amenities were very good and rooms are maintained very well with branded toiletries and other facilities. Location is very nice and the pool is long and nice. Great food spread and we had a good seafood dinner buffet on Saturday. Staff at the hotel and restaurant are so helpful and they have a very good turnaround time. Great service. Overall this is a real 5 star experience and I truly recommend anyone to visit this hotel for absolute relaxation and pleasure. Once again a heartfelt thanks for the management, front office, chef and his team.
We are just waiting img for our taxi to take us back to the airport after a week here at the fortress. The weather hasn’t been perfect but the hospitality most certainly has!
We don’t normally do all inclusive but we are so glad we did! From breakfast through to evening meal the food was top quality fresh and delicious. And always served with a smile. All the staff here made us feel so welcome
The hotel itself is immaculate.
It’s location is also easy access to head out on day trips.
Thankyou everyone at Fortress
We had a wonderful stay at the Fortress hotel. The hotel is well located in idyllic surroundings.
The food was tremendous, as were the rooms and views.
Special shout out to the staff who were amazing - super friendly and welcoming.
Thank you for your kind hospitality :)